Menu
Jameshow
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Contract ended, I'm being charged?

Had an 18 month contract which has now ended and has been cancelled. I didn't cancel early and had it for the full 18 months, just received my last bill and it has three contract termination fees. Does anyone know what this is about?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract ended, I'm being charged?

During the 18 months have you ever upgraded any of your services (added extra channels or increased your BB speed (not including the free speed upgrades)? If so that usually starts you into a new contract.

Virginia/Doctor9fan. If I have helped please give me Kudos.
0 Kudos
Jameshow
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Nope, I had the big kahuna bundle but didn't have the extras like sky sports and the only upgrades I know of were the free speed ones. It was also virgin that told me my contract end date as I rang them up to check it the month before I actually cancelled. It's a weird one, I just don't know why it would be 3 separate charges
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jameshow

Thanks for dropping by with your Contract Charges query.

The charges are split into three as they are broken down per service. One is towards TV one towards phone and the other towards Broadband. The cumulated charge if you are disconnecting all services simultaneously should never be more than £240 as we cap this charge for fully disconnecting customers.

If you have changed or amended a package with us in the last 12 months this may have re-contracted you with us. To check into this if you can contact our teams via Webchat or via 150 / 0345 454 1111, and let us know how you get on, that would be fab.

Keep in touch if you need anything else.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos