Menu
Skelly
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Contract end

Due to a change in circumstances-I retire this year and my son has also moved out the family home, I no longer require or can afford my current full package (about £135 a month). I need to find out when I can leave my contract without penalty and also when I will need to notify the appropriate department of my intention to do so. I had thought of staying with Virgin with a reduced package but as I have problems with Wi-Fi and have had various problems with my home phone I shall be moving on to a new ISP.

Many thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Contract end

You can find out when your contract's minimum term is up through the Billing menu option when ringing 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone. Or through the account and Billing options of the Webchat. That page would need to be accessed from a laptop or desktop, between 8AM to 8PM M-F, 9AM to 5PM Sa. Go with Account and Billing -> My Broadband, TV and Home phone package -> Chat online. If it says all agents are busy, keep reloading the page every three minutes to check again, until you get through to an agent.

The max notice you can give is 30 days, to give that notice or just to ensure you speak to someone in the UK about your queries, then the Customer Relations option is recommended. They can also tell you how long you've got left minimum term wise on your contract. To get through to them ring 150 (from any VM phone) or 0345 454 1111 (from any phone) -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> Option 4 -> Option 5. It is staffed between 8AM to 8PM M-F and 8AM to 6PM Sa.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can find out when your contract's minimum term is up through the Billing menu option when ringing 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone. Or through the account and Billing options of the Webchat. That page would need to be accessed from a laptop or desktop, between 8AM to 8PM M-F, 9AM to 5PM Sa. Go with Account and Billing -> My Broadband, TV and Home phone package -> Chat online. If it says all agents are busy, keep reloading the page every three minutes to check again, until you get through to an agent.

The max notice you can give is 30 days, to give that notice or just to ensure you speak to someone in the UK about your queries, then the Customer Relations option is recommended. They can also tell you how long you've got left minimum term wise on your contract. To get through to them ring 150 (from any VM phone) or 0345 454 1111 (from any phone) -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> Option 4 -> Option 5. It is staffed between 8AM to 8PM M-F and 8AM to 6PM Sa.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Skelly
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Shelke

0 Kudos