Menu
M11FYF
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Contract dates

Why do you (Virgin Media) insist of clients spending ages on the phone just to get their contract dates? why can it not be displayed online in my account info? People would be more happier getting this kind of information quickly without talking to someone, well I would anyway. we don't always have the time (as we may be at work) to sit around for hours on end calling your poor customer service team.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract dates

I agree.  It's shameful that VM do not include this basic account information in My Virgin Media.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

However, you were supplied with a contract, either by post or email, which contains all the information you need.

Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

However, you were supplied with a contract, either by post or email, which contains all the information you need.

With respect, that's not the point Ernie.  VM contact centre staff will restart a fixed contract term without telling you if you phone them up and so much as sneeze!  You only find out about it if you try to leave.  Contract terms should be part of the essential account information in My Virgin Media so that it is totally transparent.

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I disagree. Starting a new minimum contract period would generate a new contract which would be sent to the customer.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

I disagree. Starting a new minimum contract period would generate a new contract which would be sent to the customer.

I'm not about to search for them but I can recall posts in the forums from people who were never told they had a new contract after contacting the call centre about something.

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

..so you would be more likely to believe somebody trying to justify there problem on here than a Virgin Media employee?

I would distrust them equally.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

..so you would be more likely to believe somebody trying to justify there problem on here than a Virgin Media employee?

I don't know why you keep steering away from the real point Ernie which is that contract dates should be clearly displayed in My Virgin Media.

Electron
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Dave_cq wrote:

Ernie_C wrote:

I don't know why you keep steering away from the real point Ernie which is that contract dates should be clearly displayed in My Virgin Media.

That seems to me like a simple answer to a simple question.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Having recently noticed this thread, I agree that it would be useful if there were to be an indication within the My Virgin Media section of current contract periods.  To which end I have put a request in via our Superuser forum area for this to be looked at.  This is only a request and has absolutely no guarantees that anything will change as a result.