Menu
Bar1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Contract change

Hi,

Hoping peeps can clarify legality of what I've just been told.

I have just spoken with Sid, in customer support, about taking TV, phone line off my account. I have had it over 4 or so years and therefore out of the contract period. I am wanting to go down to just broad band, as we have Netflix, Now Tv and can chromecast, so no longer need the others. He said, if I do this I have to renew and commit to another 12 month contract.

I queried this and was told that customers can no longer make changes without renewing again and this had been the case for 12 months or so.

I stated that I didn't sign my contract with that variable but he said there was no get out of this and that they won't do anything about it.

I would be interested to see how others have found this and if they can actually do this as this falls outside the original contract I signed years ago.

Apologies for rambling but it's really annoyed me.

Cheers

Bar
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract change

what you are told is correct afaik - any change to the package we are on starts a new contract- has been like that for a while - more than 12 months i would say - T & C's change and they are updated as they go - thats what we agree to in the first place [again afaik] - it might not be morel but i think you will find its legal

Tony
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

when you are out of contract you are on a rolling 30 day contact so each month you pretty much agree to any changes to teh T&c and the T&c has said they reserve the right to change the T&C for the last 8 years atlest
0 Kudos
Bar1
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, looks like I'll have to comply then. Shame on them though.
0 Kudos
Lipthog
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just found out I apparently took out a new one year contract when I upgraded to a v6 box in April. I was trying to get a deal as my original discount lasted 9 months and I was out of my one year contract in July. I tried to retaliate and cancel and they said they would charge me over £200 early redemption fee. Incredible. They may have me trapped till April but I'll never be a Virgin customer gas.
0 Kudos
Lipthog
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That should have read 'customer again'
0 Kudos