Menu
zarakate_18
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Contract Price Change

I contacted Virgin to lower the price of my broadband. The package is staying to same, however they said they can drop the price. Does this mean that my contract will restart or continue as I'm a student and will be leaving the property in July. 

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract Price Change

Sadly, from the history of postings in these forums, any change to your package or the re-pricing of what you already have will result in a renewal of your contractual term.   In more enlightened countries it is called extortion.   Smiley Wink

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Name those enlightened countries, Dave!

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Quite a few definitions are valid for extortion https://goo.gl/crIji

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi zarakate_18

It's lovely to have you with us on the forums and thanks for getting in touch about the contract price change options.

If you do take on board a new deal with us with a price reduction as the guys have confirmed on the community, this would mean you would then be recommitted to a new 12 month agreement with us.

If this is something you have signed up to already you have a 14 day Right To Cancel that you can check out in our online terms and Conditions under section M. Just get back in touch with the teams via 150 or 0345 454 1111 to return to your original agreement if one has been accepted.

If not, then I would suggest not renewing the contract or you will have to pay Early Disconnection Fees when you cancel the services in the summer, unless you are able to transfer the account into another tenants name via our Transfer Of Responsibility options.

If you are looking to follow this option the person you are transferring it to would have had to have lived in the property for the previous 6 months in order to be eligible to have the account transferred into their name.

Keep in touch if you need any other support, we’re happy to help out Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos