Menu
willconners
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Contract Options

I was initially on a "Mates Rates" package, when i got a letter in October advising of a price increase, i decided to cancel free of charge. when ringing up i was persuaded to stay with an offer of account credit to the ammount of the increase, meaning i didn't have to pay anymore, and i was also told i was put on the customer loyalty scheme. The advisor told me to ring back in December before my the price of my contract went upto around £90 per month and ask to have sky sports removed and the internet package downgraded from 200mb to 100mb to reduce my bill to around £47

I followed his advice and rang up, and was told that the changes had been made, i was not told that my contract would be renewed, either on the phone, or by email.

Having followed this up i was given the option to continue for 6 months my current deal for £90 or keep the £47 deal for the next 12 months. Or i can cancel the whole lot for £240.

If i accept the 12 month offer, can i downgrade the deal still and remove the phone line and tv packages but keep the broadband? 

thanks

0 Kudos
connbob
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract Options

Hi,

I recommend you speak to customer retentions on 150 (VM phone) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone) and then option 4, and then opt. 5, as you will be able to negotiate a better offer, offering a workable price and everything you need. They will be able to sort a package that suits your needs, and clear up any confusion. Hope this helps Smiley Happy

------------------------
Regards, Conn
(I do not work for VM, just like to help the community out, so I may be wrong Smiley Happy)

Homeworks + 300mbps, TiVo V6 Box, Talk Anytime
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi willconners

Thanks for joining us on the community and a warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy It's great to have you here!

I can see since you posted about the contract options that you took the advice of @connbob and then spoke to our teams in retentions and they have resolved this with you recently.

I'm glad to see they have been able to sort this out with you.

Going forwards all billing and package queries that need to be looked into in this way do have to be dealt with by our teams in a secure way either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat  where our teams can clear security with you and work to resolve any issues you have with billing or packages. As the forums are public we need to be supporting you in this way to keep your data confidential.

If there is anything else you need form us please just give us a shout Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Louise1601
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've phoned the retention team as I've just paid them £139 but when I called them they could justify the price if I got rid of the phone and 2 boxes and kept TiVo . I could only reduce it by going down to the basic. Sky can give me the same for more than half a better package. I only have my doubts about the skyfibre but the service at virgin is shocking not interested in excusing customers
0 Kudos