Menu
Clarencelouise1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Contract End Date? they won't tell me!!!

I've been with VM since 2004, upgraded, downgraded and moved house. In the last year I've moved house twice but both times they have said the present contract will continue. I have had loads of problems with the internet and now wish to leave. They want £240 to leave!!!! I can't get an exact answer of my end date as it seems they have been starting a new one every time I move. What can I do about this??

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract End Date? they won't tell me!!!

That would be correct, any package change including a move will trigger a new 12 month contract as the cost of getting an engineer  needs to be recouped 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Clarencelouise1 wrote:

I've been with VM since 2004, upgraded, downgraded and moved house. In the last year I've moved house twice but both times they have said the present contract will continue. I have had loads of problems with the internet and now wish to leave. They want £240 to leave!!!! I can't get an exact answer of my end date as it seems they have been starting a new one every time I move. What can I do about this??

Not a whole lot, as its stated in the TOS that moving to a new property will start a new contract.

If you have had issues with your internet and have evidence that the issue is VM's end, you can ask to leave without penalty and they have done that for some. Or start building a case now. The CISAS website is a good place to start.

Other than that is wait your contract out, or pay the EDF's (early disconnection fees)

Your contract is LIKELY to end 12 months after you last moved, provided you have not made any other changes to your package (including increasing/decreasing it). But THAT information should be available to you.

Try onshore support. 150, thinking of leaving us (option 4,5) during UK office hours will land you with onshore retention's team who should at least be able to tell you how long your contract has to run.

Clarencelouise1
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

But I asked them before I moved if the present contract would still continue and not start a new one!! So they lied to me both times!! and to be honest I did self connection so how can they re-coup anything from me?

0 Kudos
Clarencelouise1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just a quick update! I got my way and I'm out of my contract on the 5th Feb this year.  They had made notes on my account and I recorded the whole conversation with them which! Incidentally took over 35mins. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Clarencelouise1,

I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused with this.

I'm happy to hear that this was resolved for you.

Please feel free to get back to us if we can help with anything more,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos