Menu
Highlighted
saadrangara
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Contract Cheating

Hi
I got my contract on the February and when I got the I have been told at any circumstances my payment will not change in 12months. It may change after 12month but not before 12month. Now recently I found out that you are changing me extra £3.** and without letting me know. I got the contract of £50.85/month till 12month. And now on my bill it says I have to £53.**.
I want answer and I don't think it's fair and legal.
I need answer why you are charging me extra and why should I pay that extra.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
saadrangara
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Contract Cheating

I haven't received any letter and no one called me and no matter what when I took contract I asked them if the price go up do I have to pay any extra and on reply you people said clearly that it will not effect anytime in between 12 month. If the price goes up I don't have to pay any extra
0 Kudos

All Replies
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There was a price hike that came into effect on 1st November that affected all customers who took out their contract before 1st August. This would have been communicated to you in September/October via both letter and email. You had 30 days notice upon receiving that notification to cancel/re-negotiate your services. That window has now passed.

However, as you took out a 12 month contract in February, you will be in a position to give your 30 days notice in next month or re-negotiate your package.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
saadrangara
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I haven't received any letter and no one called me and no matter what when I took contract I asked them if the price go up do I have to pay any extra and on reply you people said clearly that it will not effect anytime in between 12 month. If the price goes up I don't have to pay any extra
0 Kudos
chrisxp
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

All companies will have a price rise in line with the movement of the RPI.

Virgin would have sent you a letter and email, I know I received them, but they are certainly not going to personally call millions of customers to inform them.

Claiming to not receive a letter won't hold up, and they will have proof on their systems that the letter was sent. It's only 3 pounds and goes into making the service better.

Call them and talk it over, but if your withholding payment they won't think twice about sending the debt collectors to your door.

Ta,

Happy Virgin Customer

If you like my answer please give "Kudos" (thumbs up) and if it's helpful please mark it as "Accepted Solution".

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Its fair, its legal. Thats the short answer.

If you read the terms and conditions of the contract you took out it states VM can change the price whenever they want but give you the opt out period when they will make those changes. That period has gone now though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

i would add before they say 'i'm off to sky' that sky operate using the same terms and conditions relating to increases....as does bt.
0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

jamesofmerton wrote:
i would add before they say 'i'm off to sky' that sky operate using the same terms and conditions relating to increases....as does bt.

Although Sky does NOT allow you to leave mid contract, as I found out last year to my peril!

So stay clear from them. Not all ISP's have a rise all the time - just the big players. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

happywithmy350 wrote:

jamesofmerton wrote:

Although Sky does NOT allow you to leave mid contract, as I found out last year to my peril!

So stay clear from them. Not all ISP's have a rise all the time - just the big players. 

If they have increased prices they MUST allow you to leave without penalty. If not they are in breach of OFCOM regulations:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2014/protection-for-consumers-again...

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile