Menu
Stephanie2
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Contract Change

My contract was cancelled in December after lengthy negotiations, I was told I could keep broadband, my account was in credit and had nothing to pay till February... however full amount was taken December and informed via email also in January. Tried calling, through to a foreign call centre who were if no use at all. No online chat working, so resorted to writing.... no response!!! Feel like I am getting robbed..... any ideas anyone?
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract Change

Contact retentions, hit the "thinking of leaving us" option, you'll get through to the UK

Stephanie2
Just joined
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I will try that, I don't want to cancel my direct debit as I still have broadband and I don't want to incur charges however they owe me a further £80 from December and in a week and a half another £80....£160 is a lot of cash.....
Cheers I will try retentions.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is strange.

Normally any credit on your account is used before the Direct Debit is requested.

Say your bill is £100 and you have £40 credit on your account, the Direct Debit would only be for £60.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephanie2

Thanks for popping by on the forums re the contract change and welcome to the community Smiley Happy I can see since you posted to us you spoke to our teams and they have resolved the credit issue for you which is great Smiley Happy

Regarding the credit being used before the Direct Debit is processed; this is true if the DD is not already pre-set by the current months bill. If the bill is already produced and we have the option to change the pre-set DD amount then this has to be done manually. This too is reliant upon the DD having not been passed to the bank in advance for processing. We 'freeze' the DD pending amount on the system approximately 3-5 working days before this is due to debit as any changes to the DD made after this time would not update with the bank in time.

I'm glad you got this resolved with our teams Smiley Happy

Keep in touch if you need anything else!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos