Menu
sarahsunbeam
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Continuing services after relationship break-up (not the account holder)

Hello, hope you can help.

My now ex-boyfriend took out a contract in his name when we moved in together. When we broke up in December, we still had 9 months left of the contract, and couldn't afford the cancellation fees. He moved out into a house that already had internet etc, so I continued using the services in our shared flat. The plan was for me to keep using the services under his name and cancel after our minimum term ended in 9 months.

I've now moved house, and arranged for the services to be transferred over, but didn't realise this starts a new 12 month contract, which I don't really want as it's in his name. It's very difficult to make changes as he is the account holder. I'm just wondering what's best to do. I've tried talking to 3 or 4 people from customer services, and to be honest they don't seem to understand the situation haven't been very helpful, so I thought I'd get it written down.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Sarah

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Continuing services after relationship break-up (not the account holder)

As you aren't the account holder you couldn't manage the account (move it etc.) So you couldn't start up a new 12 month's contract in his name at a property he doesn't live at. And as neither if you are the property in question any longer, you need to inform VM that the account holder has vacated the property. They'll schedule the account for closure and your ex will pay whatever is owed.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos