Menu
Louis_marino
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Continual rescheduling of installations driving me crazy

Hi all, I have seen lots of other similar message on this forum with the same problem, and I'm not sure what to do. I have just had a 3rd installation rescheduled the night before it's due to happen. 

I'm self employed, and I have to book time off work (that I'm not paid for), so every day this happens I lose income. I've started to call a few days before each installation to check if it's going ahead, and I am told that the construction team say 'business as usual', and the installation will DEFINITELY happen. Then about 7pm / 8pm in the evening before installation, I get a message saying it's been rescheduled. 

"While our engineers were preparing to install your services, they identified an issue with the cable that leads from our cabinet to your home. To continue with this work, we're in the process of getting approval from your local authority. Don't worry, this is quite common and only takes a few extra days."

This happens every time.

I normally call virgin media and speak to a few people who promise that the next date is the one, and it's a very simple problem that only takes a few hours to fix. This last time, I called the construction team (yesterday), and they said the problem had been fixed, or would be fixed and the installation would go ahead. They also mentioned that the local authority didn't need to give approval for the work, but the delay notice contradicts this. I don't understand how an issue can repeatedly be fixed, and then repeatedly need fixing. My guess is that some inefficiency or mistake means that it was never fixed in the first place. 

I tried to have virgin media installed over a year ago, but had this same problem for over 3 months straight. I ended up cancelling, and made a formal complaint which was ignored.  Recently, my neighbour managed to get virgin media installed, and there is actually a brown virgin media branded box on the front of my house where I can see the cable coming out, so I thought this would be straightforward. Judging from the appearance of the paving stones and cabling outside, it doesn't look like any work has been done, and nothing has even been touched.  

Everyone I speak to gives me guarantees and makes promises which are broken time and time again, and there never seems to be any record of the same problem occurring over and over again. When I call up, it's like talking to robots, I get stuck in loops and given the same incorrect information. 

Not really sure how to proceed...after my previous experience I know that this could go on for a long time and I feel like an idiot for coming back for more. On top of that, I am continually losing income due to repeatedly taking time off, it's a bit of a joke really.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Continual rescheduling of installations driving me crazy

Hi Louis_marino, 

Thanks for your posts and apologies to hear you're having an issue with your installation not being as straightforward as you'd hoped. 

As you cancelled the order last time, we wouldn't of done the work so therefore the whole process would of started again when you decided to re-join us. 

Looking at the notes on the account, work set to go ahead is to unblock a footway. It looks as though this work has been done and we're ready to install you now. I can see an installation date has been arranged. 

If you have any further issues, come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Louis_marino
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

As I mentioned my neighbour has virgin media installed and the cable comes out in front of my house (I can see the virgin media box next to my front door where the cables come out), so I don't see what the issue is. 

I had an installation booked for today, it seemed like it was going ahead. After waiting all day I called customer services and was told that there was a construction issue and the installation wouldn't be going ahead.

It's as if the whole process is stuck in a loop, and after every failed installation, there same issue is discovered again. I have now taken 4 days off work. I don't understand why this is so complicated. I can't waste any more time and money taking days off work, this whole process has been a joke. 

And today I even got a special promotion in the post saying my address was ready to be connected to virgin media, it's such a pisstake. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louis_marino, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

As mentioned in my previous message, the current issue is a blocked foot way. The cable isn't connected to the cabinet and in order to correct this we need to clear the blockage. Smiley Sad 

Have the team advised why it's been postponed again? 

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Louis_marino
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Installation has been rescheduled and cancelled the night before two more times. 

I get the same message every time:

"While our engineers were preparing to install your services, they identified an issue with the cable that leads from our cabinet to your home. To continue with this work, we're in the process of getting approval from your local authority. Don't worry, this is quite common and only takes a few extra days." 

A FEW EXTRA DAYS.

Cancelled account, complaining to CISAS.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louis_marino

I appreciate you coming back to us and letting us know and I am very sorry to hear that this particular issue has not been resolved for you in a more-timely manner Smiley Sad

I understand from what you have said and after checking into this you have cancelled the request with us.

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to keep us informed and if there is anything else we can help you with then please just let us know.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos