Menu
Nuala485
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Contact email address for customer services

Hi,

Is there a contact email address for Virgin customer service, I can't seem to find one after trying to navigate their website?!
I have a bilateral hearing impairment and struggle on the telephone, especially when the call centre staff are foreign as I can't understand the accents. I'm not fully fluent in sign language or have the use of a TTY phone I'm afraid.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Nuala.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contact email address for customer services

No there isn't I'm sorry to tell you. The most sensible thing for you to do, given what you say above, is to provide us with a brief description of the issue - no personal details please - and one of the Forum Team will be asked to pick it up (by me) quickly and help you.

If you don't want to do that or it is very personal (and this is a public forum) then you could use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any VM page and try using live web chat. Business hours only and it is often busy requiring you to refresh pages several times before you get a response. Best used from a PC/laptop.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Anhelyna
Up to speed
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

This is a problem of access for disabled customers, and needs to be addressed by Virgin Media.

Live Web Chat doesn't really work well for hearing impaired users - it takes too long to type the details that they struggle to give.

I'm lucky - my iPhone 5S streams to my hearing aids - but even so accents of non-first language speakers are still very difficult - often impossible and off shore Customer Advisers frequently get offended when we ask for things to be repeated and more slowly - sometimes to be able to grasp what is being said , we need it repeated more than once.

0 Kudos
Nuala485
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help HowardML.
I am wanting to cancel and switch my broadband to another supplier after Virgin putting up my monthly bill twice in a year. Do you know if Virgin will accept the months notice via me posting a written letter?

Thanks again,
Nuala.
0 Kudos
Nuala485
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Anhelyna,

Accessibility really does need to improve. Unfortunately my NHS hearing aids don't have the option to stream audio.

Apparently the IOS 10 Apple iPhones in the US have the ability to change to TTY in the accessibility function. Unfortunately in the UK, this is not yet possible (sigh).

I'll try the Live Web Chat, and see if I get anywhere! If all else fails, I'll have to get a relative to phone on my behalf.

Thank you for your help.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

If I am understanding correctly the Text Relay service offered by VM, as detailed on their contact us accessibility pages, doesn't need specific TTY equipment.  It refers to a 'Next Generation Text app' : The app is available on a range of compatible devices like your laptop, tablet and smartphone, so all you need is a good WiFi connection to download it. It’s also totally free to download and available from the usual app stores.

Have a look at this link http://accessibility.virginmedia.com/home-phone.html and look at the options available.  There may be something there that you can use to make this process easier.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

VM will accept notice in writing. Swansea address:

Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ.

Or get a friend to phone.

Graham_A has given you a really useful tip as well which should help (which I now understand better).

Good luck

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Nuala485
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham,
I tried the next generation app and it was great for the first try. Thank you for recommending this link to me, the step by step guide was helpful to me being a first time user.

Thanks again,
Nuala.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Really pleased to read that this has helped.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

So am I. Thanks to you both. Kudos in that direction too.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos