Menu
Snookieboy
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Contact Cable My Street Team

Does anyone know how to contact the Cable My Street team?

Our whole area has been cabled apart from the apartment blocks (I am in an apartment).

All the apartment blocks are ready cabled (from when they were built) and we have Virgin media manhole covers with cable 10 feet outside the building but we were not connected when the Cable My Street team came round.

I spoke to one of the leaders of the team and he told me they were not connecting the apartment blocks because that would need the permission of the freeholder not just the interest registered by the leaseholders. In our block we have bought the freehold so we the residents are the freeholder through the company we have formed.

Our problem is that there seems no way of getting in touch with Virgin Media so that we as the company who own the Freehold can give consent for the building to be connected.

Numerous phone calls have been made but the response is always to register interest on the Cable My Street page. This clearly does not work as we get no contact and we need to tell the team there that we want to give consent for the building to be connected.

Is anyone aware of a mechanism to connect to someone responsible for this?

Has anyone in an apartment block been connected? How did you achieve this?

We've got full permission from all 12 leaseholders and the RTM company that owns the Freehold.

It's a nightmare - theres 8 out of the 12 who are ready to jump on Virgin, and the other 4 who will consider it once contracts are up - yet Virgin aren't interested Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contact Cable My Street Team

Hi Snookieboy

Thanks for joining us on the community and for dropping by with your Cable My Street query.

I'll be happy to pass your details onto the teams to see if we can get them to contact you regarding this Smiley Happy

I'm going to send a pm to you for me to get the information I need to support you further. You can find this in the purple envelope up on the top right of the forums Smiley Happy

Hope to speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Snookieboy

Just a quick catch up to say if you're still looking for support if you could drop back to me on the pm I sent to you last Thursday Smiley Happy

You can find this in the

Catch you soon!

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Snookieboy
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Karen,

Thank you, I have replied! Smiley Happy

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Brill cheers Snookieboy

I'll drop back to you now. The general process we look at following here is to first make sure you have registered with Cable My Street which I know from your posts has happened.

Once this has been done then if the customer has not heard back from the teams we would then chase this with our teams via internal communication to see if they can support us and provide us with information as to whether the company has picked this up as a project. They usually detail those NBU's.

If this is the case we would then pass on the reference to you and ask that you check back in with us for further updates when the teams have advised it is timely to do so as sometimes projected works can take a while.

I'll keep you posted on the pm with specific details that are relevant to you, I just thought this may help others who drop onto this post too Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team