Menu
djparkie
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Construction Delays - Let's see if I can make it through 2017 with no service

Hi,

Just thought I'd share my experience with VM and their construction teams.

I'm writing this on 19th Jan 2017 - I placed my order for TV and Cable on 19th June 2016 (7 months).

Initially all looked good, "yes we can provide service". I had an install date of mid-August - only for frustrated cable contractors (not VM) to arrive and tell me there is no fibre in the pavement past my house.

It was "escalated" to the Construction Team end of August, with the promised 4-6 weeks delay. I've contacted that team every 4 weeks since then, for the past 4 months. They were waiting for council permission at one stage in October, which I understand permission is required to dig, but nothing since.

I've actually lost interest with VM and casually chased again today, without really finding much about what is happening (apart from nothing).

At the moment I don't have confidence that the service will be available until this time next year - and yet I still get the mailshots telling me to take VMs latest offers.

Just thought I'd share my experience.

Gavin

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Construction Delays - Let's see if I can make it through 2017 with no service

The dreaded communication issues again. More than likely VM have decided it is either too expensive or too complicated a job to extend the ducting to serve you.

Are the leaflets you get actually addressed to you personally, or are they general mailings? The people that deliver the general mailings have no idea which properties are serviceable & which aren't. They just mail every property in the targeted area.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Construction Delays - Let's see if I can make it through 2017 with no service

Hi djparkie, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been delayed getting installed Smiley Sad 

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

Even though progress may seem slow to you, at this end there would have been multiple plans put in place. We'll need to create a plan for costs and submit this. After this has been approved, we then need to get the relevant permits from local councils. If these fail, we need to go back to the drawing board and try again. 

I understand it's frustrating however we're not able to give an exact time frame. As soon as permits are accepted we'll have a better idea. For an update on this, feel free to come back to us or speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Apologies again,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jameskanag
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've had exactly the same experience! 

djparkie
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So here we are on 21st June, that's 2 days after the 1st year anniversary of my order.

No service - no sign of construction.

Waiting it out.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi djparkie,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re still having issues with getting your services installed. After a year of delays, I can understand why you’re feeling frustrated with it all.

If I could please take some details from you, I’ll be happy to chase this up.  Please send me a private message with your name, address and contact phone number.

To PM me simply:

• Click on my profile link Elaine_P
  • On the right hand side select the 'send me a message' option

Thanks

Elaine_P

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos