Menu
RufB
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Constant unwanted marketing calls

I am sure that I posted in the past about Virgin Media marketing calls that I was receiving to my mobile phone from 0800 408 9430 that I did not want and my account was updated to reflect this after posting on here 

In the last 4 days my wife is receiving numerous calls to her personal mobile from the same number. On 2 occasions the person in a very bad accent asked her to put me on the line as an existing Virgin account holder as they had offers they wanted to speak to me about.

She has told them to stop but is still being pestered with calls (4 so far today when there has been no on the line when she answered.

How can this happen?

a) I was told that my account had been flagged and calls did stop to my mobile.

b) Is this not a contravention of data protection. The account is in my name and  my wife does not use a Virgin mobile in any case apart from the fact the caller clearly knows she is not the account holder.

Will someone please make sure this stops - she needs to keep her mobile switched on for work purposes and this has fast become a nuisance

Thank you

Tags (1)

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Constant unwanted marketing calls

Hi RufB,

Sorry to hear that you are still receiving unwanted marketing calls from us. I can get this sorted out for you.

I can change your account preferences to opt you out of all marketing--post and calls. It may take up to 6 weeks for all the marketing contact to stop completely, but you shouldn't receive any further calls.

I'll need to take further details from you to do this, so I'll send you a private message. Just check the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Speak soon,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Depending on the phone make & model you can block numbers from calling your wife.

Virginia/Doctor9fan. If I have helped please give me Kudos.
0 Kudos
RufB
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's a Sony and manufacturer option not available, also the apps I've tried won't work with latest version of Android that phone runs.

Thanks for your reply

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Which model?

Have you checked:
Go to your Phone app, then go to Call History or tap the search icon to find the number you want to block. Long-tap the number you want to block, then tap Block caller. To manage your blocked contacts, tap the menu icon at the top right of your Phone app, then Blocked contacts.

Virginia/Doctor9fan. If I have helped please give me Kudos.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi RufB,

Sorry to hear that you are still receiving unwanted marketing calls from us. I can get this sorted out for you.

I can change your account preferences to opt you out of all marketing--post and calls. It may take up to 6 weeks for all the marketing contact to stop completely, but you shouldn't receive any further calls.

I'll need to take further details from you to do this, so I'll send you a private message. Just check the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Speak soon,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

nat_c
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Following on from the previous posts, my sister has recently started receiving these nuisance calls too, sometimes upto 4-5 a day.  She ignores them but they always ring back.  We are a Virgin Media customer, but the contract is under my name, not hers.  Neither of us are or wish to be a virgin mobile customer.  Please can you advise a way to to get these calls permanently stopped as they are fast becoming very annoying.

0 Kudos
fitzroy
Just joined
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi i am also getting annoying marketing calls, always from India (!!!) and i am fed up with it.

Every afternoon at least 4 or 5 calls to our virgin home phone and i want this stopped please.

Please can you change my account so i never receive sales calls from virgin ever again

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi fitzroy,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are receiving unwanted calls from us. 

I've gone into your account and changed your marketing preferences to No Contact so this will stop any calls you are getting from us. It will also stop any emails,addressed marketing and texts from us too.

It can take up to 6 weeks for things to completely stop but you should see it reduce as time goes on. 

If you have any further issues, come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos