Menu
grahamreaper
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Constant Broadband grief and poor customer service

Seeing as Virgin are cowards and don't have an easy way to submit any complaints to them i will do so here.

Current issues that Virgin do not care about.

• TV randomly drops the channel for a second at a time and has been doing so for the last fortnight.
  • Broadband has dropped in performance for the 15th time this year. My ping is over 300ms, my download is less than 5mb and keeps dropping out and my upload doesn't even make 1mb.

Every time my service becomes increasingly frustrating to the point where its effecting my family's evening i then call and get treated to the same sloppy service and excuses.

• There is a fault in the area everytime which is clearly a go to excuse. I live in a suburban town not a war torn village there shouldnt be this many faults.
  • When i mentioned that the hardware was at fault and isnt generally good and as i have been a customer for over 5 years is asked if they could replace the router with a later model. I was told no unless i paid £50 and that they would only replace it with the same crap model if it was faulty.
  • When i mentioned that i worked from home also and this is a nuisance they might as well have said that they dont care instead of the same it will be fixed soon and someone is looking into it.
  • They never compensate anyone unless the broadband has been crap for 24 hours which is a terrible way to do considering tonight i had to let them know there was an issue in the area as they didnt know themselves. So i guess they dont even have alerts when the service is failing which for a service provider is deeply troubling.
  • Even though i mention the amount of times i have had to call about my broadband the person of the phone just couldnt care less, the constant script reading non caring attitude is really starting to bug me. 

I am putting my rant here as this pathetic company doesnt make it easy to email in complaint. I am sure i am not the only one suffering from Virgins lack of service and care i just hope you can share your annoyances of their pathetic behaviour in hope that something gets done.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Broadband grief and poor customer service

So to separate those out we have two issues

1. Your service inst great generally (slow broadband, drop outs on TV)
  2. Your contact with CSC has been poor

Second one, no one on here has any power to deal with. Yes we know 1st line support are pants. Yes many of us on here have bleated on about it repeatedly and will continue to do so. No it'll likely make no difference, but well keep trying....

The first one, maybe we can help with...

Is the problem intermittent or for long periods at a time? For example

• My broadband is slow every-night but fine during the day...OR
  • My broadband is fine for most of the time but there are extended periods of time (2 days for example) where it slows to a crawl?

Let us know and well ask you for some metrics to help narrow it down....

0 Kudos
grahamreaper
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

1. My broadband drop outs are sporadic there isnt always a pattern to them

• sometimes the speed is below 2Mbps in evenings and sometimes its during the day at weekends and the wireless drops out and in. Restarting the router does nothing, changing the wireless channel does nothing, restarting our devices does nothing and Virgin rarely does anything to fix it other than say wait it out and we will pay you compensation when hell freezes over.
  • Considering i have been with Virgin for over 5 years and had these issues i thought they would offer to replace the router out of customer loyalty but that seems to be an offensive concept to Virgin. There nice guy routine only applies to new customers of course.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sounds a bit like overutilisation.

Lets check your power levels first though..

Go to your Superhub Log in screen

Do NOT log in.

Little button top right.....

Can you post Upstream, Downstream and Network logs.

Screen caps are nice, C&P will do- Don't stress about formatting if you C&P. Someone will get a look and see if there's anything obvious amiss.

0 Kudos