Menu
AngryUser
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Conning customers

Just spent about 40 minutes on the phone trying to remove my landline. Gave the requisite 30 days notice. Left hanging while it's apparently dealt with. Then asked if I want to go ahead. Yep. Left hanging again for about 10 minutes. Then told it'll cost me more to lose the services (landline and talk packages). After much delay and questioning and silence I was refused a supervisor. Eventually I was offered a "deal" to keep the landline as I can get more discounts. It was badly explained and it's obvious that they keep you hanging on and don't give you all the info up front in the hope that you'll give up. I accepted the deal then worked out I'm getting less (no Talk International) and paying more than when I called. I don't have the time or strength to spend another 40 minutes on the phone until after Christmas. Beware - I was just conned and should have had my bill details in front of me. I wasn't expecting to reduce services and pay more so the deal they offered seemed fine. But on checking what I pay now it's a con. I'll be taking action after Christmas.
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Conning customers

Do that. Take action.

When I tried to dump that useless phone line (who needs one these days?), they said to me what they said to you. Dumping the phone line puts you into a state where your contract is changing; then you have to take one of their existing bundles. The phone line is now thrown into each bundle (except Internet only) and there is no transparency as to the amount of your bill that is attributable to the phone. Not even sure if that's legal.

They keep you on the phone line as it's a cash cow, skimmed off what you pay for the real services. That policy is disreputable and founded on corporate greed.

As it happened, in my case, I cast off Sky Cinema and Sky Sports, whent onto a lower bundle price because competition lowers the Braodband element and pretty much halved my bill. I was lucky.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Conning customers

Hi AngryUser, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here even if your experience has been less than perfect. We're running a little behind on the boards and only now reaching your thread Smiley Sad 

When you are in a bundle, the more services you have the bigger the discount. When you remove one or more of these services you lose the discount and therefore more often than not it does end up costing more or pretty much the same. 

Once you accept a deal, there is a cooling off period before you are tied in to any new contract so give the team a call and we can put you back to the deal you were on before. 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos