Menu
Nick81M
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Confused about cablemystreet info

Hello,

Posting here as requested by a moderator.

Around 2 months ago we got the leaflet that told us that virgin were going to be working on our street. They came and laid the pipework up to the border of our property.

Looking at roadworks.org, there was a lot of other virgin works to be carried out. Recently however all mention of virgin media roadworks have been removed and now cablemystreet is telling me that services aren’t currently available in my area, where as it used to say that we were in the expansion plan.

Had something happened that has stopped the rollout in our area?

Thanks,

Nick
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Confused about cablemystreet info

Hi Nick

Thanks for your post Smiley Wink

I know this has been previously raised under NBU 25515, so I've sent the teams a chaser to find out more for you. Once I hear back I'll be back in touch Smiley Very Happy

Speak soon.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nick

I have heard back from the teams and I am very sorry but apparently works have been cancelled for your area.

I do apologise that I am unable to come back to you with something more positive on this one Smiley Sad

Many thanks for taking the time to use the forums to look into this with us.

I wish you all the best with your chosen provider going forwards but right now it's not going to be something we are going to be able to supply for you Smiley Sad

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Nick81M
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's not your fault so no need to apologise.

Was any reason given for the cancellation?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nick

They didn't give one to me Smiley Sad

Generally if they are cancelled it is usually due to costs. We have specific costs per home to cover and if the costs rise taking the CPH over the budget allocated the works would be reviewed and then ultimately either it will or won't go ahead depending on if the increased costs can be covered.

They have not said this was due to anything in particular but I would take a stab at it and hazard this is probably whySmiley Sad

Take care Nick

Forum Team

0 Kudos