Menu
Janeish
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Conflicting advice on returning equipment

Hi.

I’m new to this forum and desperately looking for help.

I’m in the process in moving homes but there’s a short period of four weeks between leaving one address then moving into my new home.

I was originally advised that I must cancel my contract, but then told I could move with Virgin Media despite the gap. My equipment and media package would also be updated and improved.

After a few gaffs made by Virgin, this was eventually sorted out and arranged via the Home Movers department in Newcastle .... who are now permanently engaged it would seem and don’t respond to messages left on the system (many times).

I was told that my contract would be classed as continuos so to ignore any fixed contracts sent for signature or any requests to return equipment, because that should be handed back to the engineer at the installation visit to my new property.

Subsequently, I’ve been hounded regularly by text, email and letter to return the equipment and each time I’ve contacted Virgin (never get the same person of course) to be reassured that I should ignore those requests.

Today I received a final warning by email that in 9 days time my account will be charged in full for the equipment, if ii isn’t returned by then. It’s unlikely that it will be delivered back to Virgin in that time via the collection service, given that I’m away from home for a couple of days.

SO ...Why have I been repeatedly given the (false?) reassurance over the phone that I should keep the old equipment to hand to the engineer ... and
Will I get a refund once Virgin do receive the equipment that I now intend to return to stop this constant harassment, because clearly there is no communication/continuity within the organisation?

Actually managing to speak to anyone on each occasion has been a lengthy and frustrating process. I’m now beginning to seriously doubt that an engineer will arrive as promised on 30th November to install the service at my new address. I’ve repeatedly asked for email confirmation but no one seems able to provide that ??

If no engineer arrives, think I’m leaving Virgin for good. Far too stressful to deal with.

Any advice/help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Conflicting advice on returning equipment

Hi Janeish

My apologies about this.

The issue is because of the period where there is no connection. The system 'reads' there is a disconnection but because of the delay it doesn't see the new account as being active and this triggers the request.

To resolve this if you can pop back to me on a PM with:

• Your name
  • The account holders name if this is not you.
  • The old address in full
  • The new address in full

I can then speak to our asset recovery teams for you to make sure they are not chasing for this.

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Janeish

Thanks for the PM!

I've emailed the head of that department and explained all the above as well as noted the old account for you where the charges were pending.

As soon as this is removed for you I'll be back in touch.

Kind regards,

Karen_A

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Janeish
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Karen.

Though I’ve had no direct confirmation of my planned installation by email, letter or text etc, I’m verbally informed that my records indicate that I’m booked for Thursday 30th as requested.

Hopefully someone will arrive and I’ll hand back my old equipment then.

If not, I’ll parcel it up, send it back and cancel my Virgin account altogether and go elsewhere.

Thanks for your help though.
Regards
Jane
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Janeish, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy

I've checked the old account today and the charges for the equipment have either been credited back or cancelled.

If you have any further issues come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Janeish
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Yes, thanks to you the matter was resolved quickly and satisfactorily. I gave all the equipment to the engineer who came and installed my new equipment yesterday.

My problem now is that having opted to have an engineer installation, I find I have a TIVO box in the sitting room and one in the bedroom but they don’t communicate with each other.

Surely that’s part of what you pay for when you opt to have an engineer installation. I didn't check whilst he was here because I assumed that would be automatic ... why would you have two boxes if they are standalone and you can’t pick up from one to the other or see recordings on both as advertised?

Can you advise on that one?

Thanks again.
Jane
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jane

Thanks for getting back to Kath Smiley Happy

The engineer does not normally set up secondary functional extras such as streaming from box to box, setting up Netflx, syncing your You Tube account etc, these are all functions we expect our customers to set up so they can embed their favourites in the options

Here's the help article on how to get the streaming set up.

Watching recordings on another Virgin TV box

Let us know how this goes Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A

Forum Team

0 Kudos