Menu
Griffoal
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Complaint for moving house

How can I complain to virgin media? I am moving house and virgin media are not set up in the new area where ian moving to but they still want me to pay the remainder of the 9 months contract which is £240. I think it's harsh as I don't want to cancel the contract but because they aren't in the new area I have to pay it???
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint for moving house

You are breaking the contract.

You agreed when signing up to stay with VM at the current address for the minimum term of the contact.

VM allow you to get out of a contract free if you take a new contract when you move. as this is not possible you are tied to the contract you signed that you are not cancelling.
0 Kudos
Griffoal
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just upset that I wanted to take the contract with me but they are not willing to speak about it at all, I know I will never be using virgin media again in the future
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

sky do the same thing if a dish can't be erected at a new house if someone moves part way through their contract.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Griffoal, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are moving to an area that isn't cabled and therefore we're not able to transfer your existing services over to the new property. 

When you sign up to a contract with us, you are agreeing for us to supply you with the services at that address for that time. As you are moving, you are technically breaking the contract. 

If you move to a cabled area, we are happy to transfer the services however this comes with a one off charge and a new 12 month contract. If you move to a non cabled area then we can set the account to cancel but this would invoke an early termination fee. 

You can speak to the team regarding the circumstances on why you're moving though as this could mean a smaller disconnection fee or a possible write off. You can speak to them on 150 / 0345 454 1111.

Let me know how the call goes.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Griffoal
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Thanks very much for your reply, I rang the number given and spoke to the team, unfortunately there is nothing they can offer me in relation to lowering the termination fee of £240. I have enjoyed being with virgin media and would like to remain with them, unfortunately virgin are not set up in the new area where I am moving to yet. I totally understand that I am cancelling my contract and I expected a charge but I am finding it a bit excessive. It unfortunately means that when virgin media are set up where my new house is, I will not be coming back to virgin media as a returning customer
Thank you again for your assistance

Alan
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alan, 

Thanks for coming back to us with an update. 

I'm really sorry to hear that Smiley Sad 

Try registering with Cable My Street here: Register your Interest If we are able to install within a certain time frame then you get any termination fees credited back Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos