Menu
Chris_Neale
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Complaint Broadband speed Slowed to 50Mbit

I have been a virgin media/ntlworld customer since ntlworld dial up, I decided to cancel my tv and phone and continue with your broadband service, my speed has gone from 70Mbit to 50Mbit.

that is not what i asked for i simply wanted to continue with my broadband service i was getting.

I do consider this a breach of contract as your no longer providing me with the service i was getting.

quote from your own thread.

Who will get an upgrade?

If you’re a broadband customer who joined us before 24th November 2015 on 50Mbps or below, 100Mbps or 152Mbps, we’ll offer you an upgrade to our more powerful speeds of SuperFibre 70Mbps, VIVID 150Mbps and VIVID 200Mbps

If you’ve joined us after the 1st October 2015 on VIVID 200, our next generation optical fibre, you’re already on our fastest widely available service.

And if you joined us or took out a new bundle deal after the 24th November 2015 on SuperFibre 50 or VIVID 100, you're on our new speeds and aren't eligible for a speed boost at this time.

quote from your own thread

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=51538&CURRENT_...

0 Kudos
Chris_Neale
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint Broadband speed

do i really have to phone about this or should i take a holiday on bransons island while waiting for a response.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint Broadband speed

vm will take about a week to reply. If you need a faster reply then that you'll need to call in
0 Kudos
Bingley
Superfast
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint Broadband speed Slowed to 50Mbit

Unfortunately, I was on the 50MB and got the free upgrade to 70MB, however when I changed my package after the free upgrade the 70 dropped to 50 and this is because I was no longer eligible for the free upgrade due to change of contract . You may well be informed of the same when you call in.

0 Kudos
Chris_Neale
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

sounds like they only want to look after new customers, but anyway i didn't change my broadband i said i would continue just the broadband. if they dont reinstate my 70Mbit they will lose a 10 year plus customer........

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris_Neale, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

The Speed Boost is for all customers who stay on the same package as they were on. When changing, you do lose the boost. 

The 70mb speed isn't one we offer any more so changing your services to broadband only would mean either downgrading to the 50mb service or upgrading to the 100mb service. You wouldn't be able to have a 70mb. 

I can only apologise if this wasn't explained to you on the phone beforehand. If you would like to go back to the 70mb service then this would have needed to be done within 7 days of the change being made and the other services would have also of needed to be reinstated. 

Hope that explains things a little more clearly. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Chris_Neale
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

well finally a response, next time hand carve a slate and send it by three legged turtle named bolt.

As i stated i haven't changed my broadband package i did change my tv package and phone package but not the broadband, i continued with the broadband package, the broadband package that I've had for a good few years and i was assured yes assured by your sales person that there was no difference in the broadband.

an as an admittance of virgin media on your behalf.

"I can only apologise if this wasn't explained to you on the phone beforehand. If you would like to go back to the 70mb service then this would have needed to be done within 7 days of the change being made and the other services would have also of needed to be reinstated."

you have miss sold me the broadband and given me a downgrade resulting in the contract being void, so i will be needing a refund from the start of the contract as i did not agree to a downgrade in speed or service and there is no way i would pay you for this.

as im a reasonable person i can give you two options,

1. a refund for the miss sold contract from the beginning of the contract.

2. a free upgrade to 70Mbit (which i was on) or 100Mbit broadband which ever you prefer.

i will wait in response to this and then i will phone you if need be.

Happy New Year

Chris

(Virgin Media "our broadband speeds go backwards" you were on 70Mbit but now you get 50Mbit)

Oh and by the way you profile picture looks like your sticking your fingers up at people.

0 Kudos
Chris_Neale
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

...........................................................................................................................

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris_Neale, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

You've mentioned that you haven't changed your package but this is incorrect. You've chosen to remove the TV and Phone from your service therefore taking you out of your bundle deal and going on to a Broadband only deal. 

I understand it's frustrating however the speed boost is for customers who have not altered their package in anyway since November 2015. As you've altered your package, you're no longer eligible so therefore you're back on your original speed. 

To upgrade, you will need to speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they will be able to help you with this. 

Apologies once again Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos