Menu
aromancer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Communicating with Virgin Media

Does anyone have any idea how to e mail Virgin Media or indeed to contact anyone on the busy chat lines (never been able to get through!) Their engineer called on September 18 to find our street had not been cabled. Now it has.

Their next Virgin engineer called today (Dec1) to connect us only to find that there is not connection between the street and our house! (They were told this a week ago by telephone)

Are they really that useless and should I look to cancel my contract with VM based on their total incompetence to date? As of today was told "a supervisor would ring me within two hours. This too has not occurred.

In the meantime I got a letter talking about a price increase to my service and my account shows all my systems (broadband, TV and telephone) up and running. Am I living in a parallel universe?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Communicating with Virgin Media

There's no email support option. The Contact Us (Webchat) is often busy and lightly staffed. You need to be reloading the page  in intervals of 1 to 3 minutes until you get an agent available. For anything relating to an un-cabled area register your interest through here: http://virg.in/cmsforum and VM will keep you up to date when you can book an order for services.

On that subject, I'm surprised you were even able to book an order when the area you live in is un-serviceable. That's something which shouldn't have happened. Likewise, you shouldn't have gotten an account, contract or be getting price increase notifications when you live in a currently un-serviceable property. That's a bizarre situation. Checks should have shown the property wasn't serviceable at all and you should have been told to register your interest through the CMS page then wait patiently, nothing more than that should have happened.

A member of the favicon.png Forum Team here can look into the matter for you, it could take up to three days to get a response.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
aromancer
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for feedback. Perhaps the below may part explain the situation better.

The street is now fully cabled but when VM first made an offer (August) remarkably they did not realise that the final 200 yards to our house and three others  were not. This they did some 6 weeks after their first promise to connect on September 18.(when they finally realised their error). However the cabling done recently went only to the street/house path perimeter and some 20 yards short of our house. (The properties are 3 years old whilst the street itself is some fifty years old.) The original street cabling was done about five years ago before the new houses were built..

Two weeks ago a team came and fixed the cabling to my neighbours (next door) house but said on asking that mine "was not on the order list" We had placed our contracts with Virgin on the same day.

A week later a second engineer came and fixed the cabling inside my neighbour's house and they are now up and running..

And yet two weeks ago when we were given a connection date of Dec 1 we managed to contact  a representative of Virgin by phone and to our concern re the lack of cabling from the road to the house were told by "David" that "it will all be done on the day". Wrong! An engineer arrived today (Dec1) to connect us TV/broadband wise. He went away having done nothing because of the lack of cabling to the house!

Since then as has been the case with Virgin promised update phone calls from them are not made and no attempt is made  to contact by house phone, mobile or e mail. For my part I think you have a feel for my frustration at the lack of being able to easily get in touch with them. The score over the past 12 weeks has been:

My calls to them: 8 (presumably all logged by them)

Their calls to me: Zero

Their internal (between sales and construction) and external (to customer) communications seem abysmal.

The cumulative comedy of errors being made is making me think I have perhaps made a mistake trying to go over to Virgin.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi aromancer, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us. I can only apologise that you've had a less than perfect journey since joining so far. Smiley Sad

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

As there hasn't been any notes left on your account since you posted, I've requested an update from the Area Manager. Once I hear back from him I shall be in touch to let you know what's going on. 

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
burubabu
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've been waiting over 6 months for Virgin to install my phone line, I have had to book holiday at work on 5 separate occasions to wait for the Virgin technician, the first time they said there was no cable so needed to install that outside first. Second time, they came they said the work was not done and that they needed to re-schedule it in, 3rd time the engineer could not understand why they still haven't installed it and promised they would. 4th time they said that a new cable needed to be put in from the streets to my flat. TODAY engineer came to the flat and said it was still not done, and that the engineer that was putting the cable in COULDN'T FIND MY FLAT???? couldn't they have called?? knock on the door? so today, over 6 months down the line, I still have no phone line installed and I think I have been too patient with Virgin, If I knew it would be this much trouble to connect a PHONE line, I wouldn't have signed up with Virgin.

I'm waiting a reply.

0 Kudos
aromancer
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks kath. Unfortunately its now 4 months and we are still waiting for a connection to the house. My e mails to sales at Virgin last week and this week remain unanswered. Can only describe it as abyssmal service. We are area 22 in kent. Our neighbour was sorted a month ago.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi aromancer, 

I just wanted to pop you a message to let you know I hadn't forgotten about you. I am still chasing this. 

I've sent another email over to the team today as I've still not heard anything back Smiley Sad

As soon as I have an update, I'll be in touch. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
aromancer
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good luck with that. I had my 9th phone call with virgin yesterday. 8th was 2 days ago and promised response from installation team did not occur. It is now 5 months that i have been waiting for virgin to connect me to their cable outside of my house. Their excuses to date have been pathetic.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi aromancer, 

I have just heard back from the team Smiley Happy

The construction template was received by the contractors on the 7th November. This was then issued and confirmed on the 20th November. At this point you should of received contact to let you know the works should be taking between 6-8 weeks. 

This meant the work should of at least been started by the 6th January.  With it being Christmas and New Year it's understandable why there's been a slight delay. 

The team are putting a rush order on now and hopefully we'll be able to reschedule the installation within 2 weeks. 

I'll keep you updated on any communication I receive Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos