Menu
Justine101
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Closing the account of a deceased loved one

I am trying to find out how to close my dad's TV and broadband account after he passed away but none of the links on the site are appropriate.  I have called the number and tried option 4 which is the advice but there is no option 4.

What do I need to do?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Closing the account of a deceased loved one

For others searching for information on this issue you should be aware that VM have posted guidance on how to deal with this issue when this difficult time arises. That saves all this posting and waiting for an answer.

What you need to know is here;

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/What-to-do-if-a-Virgin-Media-account...

and if you are looking for it, it is the second of the sticky posts in the post listing on this part of the Board.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ill flag your post up for response from the appropriate team. It may well be Monday before a response as staff dont work weekends.

Justine101
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nobody has contacted me yet!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Justine101

My apologies this has not been picked up sooner by us on the forums.

I appreciate you joining us on the comunity and thank you for taking the time to post regarding your request to close your Dads account. I am very sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you and your family at this sad time.

If no one else in the family or property is taking over the account on behalf of your Dad and you are looking to close the account then if you could call our teams via 0345 454 1111, or if you're ringing from his home and he has a landline with us, then you can call on 150 for free, and choose option 4 then option 5 when you get into the main menu options.

You need to speak to the Retentions teams who will close the account down within 24 hours of the request being raised, unless you need this to remain open for a while longer (e.g. use of the phone in the home whilst his estate is being sorted out)

Please keep in touch if you need us to support you in any further way.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

For others searching for information on this issue you should be aware that VM have posted guidance on how to deal with this issue when this difficult time arises. That saves all this posting and waiting for an answer.

What you need to know is here;

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/What-to-do-if-a-Virgin-Media-account...

and if you are looking for it, it is the second of the sticky posts in the post listing on this part of the Board.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that Howard! That's brilliantly supportive Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"