Menu
divsec
Dialled in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Closed my account but...

Hi i closed my account in November, All done and dusted but to date ive had not a lot of communication, no request for equipment back and on checking I see telephone showing as inactive but other services as active. Cancellation was done by phone with customer retention team.

Please advise. It should be possible for you to check that both modem and tivo have been disconnected since 17/12

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closed my account but...

hiya @divsec with closing account you need to give 30 days notice to cancel your account, if this has already passed rather strange didn't get a call from customer services asking for return of tivo, since if you had old v+ box virginmedia dont normally ask for these back.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
divsec
Dialled in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul, I rang VM this morning seemed a bit confused but after 15 minutes, we agreed. Thanks for your advice d
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi divsec, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for any confusion. 

As mentioned by paultechy, when you give notice to cancel your account, the service remains active for 30 days. We then close the account, send a final bill and a pack if we need your equipment back. 

As your phone line went in to a disconnected state before your other services, this would be explained if you ported your number to a new provider. Once they take over your number, your phone service would automatically cancel right away Smiley Happy

If you have any other queries or questions, pop back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
divsec
Dialled in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response Kath, I had to phone before Xmas as things were still not happening and somehow or other the paperwork had not been completed correctly so none of the anticipated emails had been generated. I haven't as yet seen the return of equipment packaging etc. If I don't see this within a month of the email does this mean the equipment is mine to disposed of, or should I charge VM storage at £30 a month.😁

Either way thanks for your interest and best wishes for the new year.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi divsec

Thanks for getting back to us.

I have requested the returns pack be sent to you.

It is usually with our customers in within 7-10 working days via Royal Mail.

Just keep in touch with us and let us know when this arrives, that would be great Smiley Happy

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

PhilSmiff
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I closed my account 30th October via telephone and now in USA, I moved out of my home on 24th Nov and havent lived there since and been in USA yet still being billed but I cancelled. I was informed my last bill would only amount to 15 pounds but was charged 45. I cancelled debit payments but recently had a bill for 80 pounds the guy at indian call centre obviously hasn't cancelled my account and I am livid with virgin. I replied via email and not calling uk from here to fix your incompetence and fortunately cancelled future payments with online banking. By all means check my account I can not possible have used it and was told you did not require the router back which was 5 years old. Anyhow you need to sort this out some other way or via email or you are welcome to call me in USA I can provide my cell #

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

hiya @PhilSmiff welcome to the virginmedia community forum, not sure if the forum team would be able to intervene in this case due to issues of possible Data Protection, i would be possible having a chat with customer services using online chat using http://contact.virginmedia.com (using PC/laptop), but might require a call to customer relations via +44 345 454 1111 choosing option 1 - 5 -4 (thinking of leaving us), i would suggest using a calling card or possible VOIP service.. since the forum team cant normally arrange callback especially overseas
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
PhilSmiff
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I no longer have a virgin phone but thanks for reply, may have to wait another month until I return to UK my friend is with virgin so can possibly use his phone. They have already overcharged me and as long as they cannot take payments from my bank then they can just keep clocking up my non existent bill due to negligence. I am annoyed at the call centre guy not doing his job I thought this was resolved already. Also disapointed at virgins lack of contact options considering we are dealing with a media and communications company my email reply was ignored. This is not the first time I had problems with virgin billing and will be the last time I use virgin products. I only joined this forum to resolve their mistakes but **** 'em. I will vent on social media about their incompetence. 

0 Kudos
divsec
Dialled in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

On the way back to you!

0 Kudos