Menu
Jenherbert
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Closed account refund owing

Similar to some other questions on here.

I called to close my account as of the 1st October at the end of August in order to give a months notice. I was told I would be charged £20 for my final direct debit which was the charge worked out for the partial final month due to billing dates. At the start of October my usual direct debit was taken in full. I called to check what was going on and was advised that as the direct debit had already been called for when I closed the account (which I cannot believe) payment had to be taken in full and then I would be refund £32 by cheque. I can see here that could take up to 30 days. I have called again today as I still have not received the cheque and was told I needed to be refered to a supervisor to organise cheque and that it will take 30 days from today. I have moved abroad hence my reason for closing the account, it costs a fortune to keep calling only to be misinformed each time and as someone else but it have the goal posts moved. There is no email address only phone numbers or postal address for complaints. I am sure Virgin Media wouldn't be prepared to wait this long for the money from me if I owed them.

Thanks

Jen
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closed account refund owing

The wait is actually 35 days after the account has been disconnected for the cheque to be processed then up to 14 days to receive it. Don't call in about it during the waiting time, as that may lead to the still inbound cheque being canceled and you having to wait a further 35 days+14 days again.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos