Menu
Appsy85
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cheapest package after contract ends

Hi I'm after a rough price as my contract is due to end , Virgin seem reluctant to offer me any deal as such.

They don't seem to be interested in loyalty yet I know if I leave and Join else where - I know for fact when it's to late they will offer me a deal!!!

The best they can do is offer me "50% off" I thought was great - but this is just off sports and movies not the package .

So I don't save anything as to what I pay now (£114 - ridiculous )

Why do companies do this?

So again my question really is anyone know how to work round to get cheapest possible please!! Not to fussed on sky cinema as same rubbish repeated all time.

Sports is a must .

Thank you anyone/everyone for your time

Rob
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cheapest package after contract ends

How long is a piece of string
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Appsy85 wrote:
 Not to fussed on sky cinema as same rubbish repeated all time.

Sports is a must .

How much of a "must" is Sports?  I watch the odd match at the weekend and find Now TV day passes do the job (especially on a Sunday).  You can get sports day passes for £7 and weekly passes for £11, but 11versus11 have an offer where you can get a day pass half price and other offers regularly appear (free passes with Pringles, Carling and Pizza Hut).  Likewise with the Cinema and Entertainment passes, often discounted by 50% when you cancel.

Cheapest option is to go Broadband only and get a Roku Streaming Stick for Sky Entertainment/Cinema/Sports, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Google Play etc.

Only downside is no BT Sport and no Premier Sports.  If that is an issue get Player TV in addition to broadband and add the channels as and when required.  So for me I get BT Sport when Champions League is on and get Premier Sports for GAA.  Only need to commit to 30 days, and when I called to get BT Sport, I got XL TV with a £15/month discount for 6 months.

0 Kudos
Appsy85
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for reply -
When I say bout sports I watch a lot of it from the football,darts,wrestling and thru the week etc .

Just don't want pay £114 which is a lot .

Appreciate all the options you have given.

So overall personally what would you recommend?

Regards
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Appsy85 wrote:
Thank you for reply -
When I say bout sports I watch a lot of it from the football,darts,wrestling and thru the week etc .

Just don't want pay £114 which is a lot .

Appreciate all the options you have given.

So overall personally what would you recommend?

Personally I would recommend getting the chepest broadband you can and buying day/week sports passes when you need them, but what do you want?

• Do you need Sky Sports, BT Sport, Eurosport and/or Premier Sports?
  • Do you need Full House TV?
  • Do you need a phone?
  • Do you need fast broadband?

I get along with 50mbps broadband and Player TV and sadly the phone with talk anytime which is the bulk of my cost.  My package costs me less than £30/month excluding line rental which I pay on an annual basis.  

I just get the sports channels online via Now TV or TV Player when I want them, so Sky Sports when my teams play on there, Eurosport for the tennis (fortnight at a time), and I know someone who shares their BT Sport access with me.  Tivo I only need for access to Premier Sports for GAA (and only in May/June) 

Ultimately, if you want continual access to all the sports it costs.

0 Kudos
Appsy85
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Basically sky sports and BT sports I would like to keep - (fox for the mrs) .

I currently have the 200vivid - but I'm sure I can drop to 50.
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Appsy85 wrote:
Basically sky sports and BT sports I would like to keep - (fox for the mrs) .

I currently have the 200vivid - but I'm sure I can drop to 50.

I can't say I noticed the difference between 200 and 50.  Nothing on wifi exploits the speed, and the wired connections like now TV box, Tivo (why?) and NAS didn't need the speed.  Maybe if I plugged my laptop directly into the router it may have made a difference.  I upload/download next to nothing these days, except filling up tablets with iPlayer/Amazon movies when I go on vacation.  I don't care if a movie takes 1 minute to download rather than 4 minutes (Not that it would on WiFi).

Seems like you are best off having Full house TV and Sky sports, but not sure if you will pay a lot less than £114/month unless you get some discounts.  I was paying £56/month excluding line rental when I had the whole she-bang, but that was with 50% off Sky Sports/Cinema and £15/month off Full House TV.  Luckily no decent GAA games coming up, so I don't have to pay for Premier Sports, and I can leave the tennis until the summer.

0 Kudos
Appsy85
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Depends how long you cut it obvs 🙄🙄🙄
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob

Thanks for getting in touch with the community and for popping by on the forums with your package option post.

It's great to see the community jumping in to help you out with this one as we would be limited in what we could advise about specific package information on the forums due to security so I'm glad to see you've had some support from the guys Smiley Happy

I hope since you've posted you've been able to get in touch with the teams about this to discuss your options further but if not they would love to be able to help you and it would be great if you could get in touch with them via 150 or 0345 454 1111 for them to look at tailoring the package to your needs.

Keep us posted on how this goes for you and let us know if there is anything else we can look into for you Smiley Very Happy

Take care

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Appsy85
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In all honesty . No help at all and won't offer anything at all so I will not be renewing
0 Kudos