Menu
15ampplug
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Charges constantly going up; service and content steadily going down - Is it just me?

Is it just me?

Can't connect on to email tonight (again) during the early evening rush - a regular occurrence these days.

TV content has deteriorated to pap over the past few years - worst type of daytime TV, but all the time.

They seem to have almost given up on program descriptions, although that's not too much of a problem because the programs are repeated so often they soon become familiar and it's possible to work out which film/episode it probably is. (I don't subscribe for any of the pay-extra channels or films)

It's not uncommon to have a problem connecting to Amazon Prime at known busy times, although that may be an Amazon problem. The upside of that situation is that, if it is Amazon, it will get sorted within a reasonable time.

Even allowing for the fact that I'm a grumpy old fpersonk, I don't think it's good enough considering the constantly rising prices - the increase in the 10+ years that I've been a Virgin customer would probably give me a heart attack.

Please don't point out that I should stop bleating because I'm making a free choice - I know that and I'm  actively exploring alternates including any Broadband only (no landline) possibilities.

I would, however like to hear of some other experiences and views, please.

regards

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
soul1
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charges constantly going up; service & content steadily going down - Is it just me?

Hi 15ampplug, I posted a similar thread yesterday :- http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/VM-Line-Rental-amp-Price-Hikes/td-p/...

It seems like VM is now only interested in new customers and offering them good deals, whilst long term and loyal customers are being given nothing in return. Looks like I will definitely be looking for a new broadband and telephone provider come the next price hike.
Started with Bell Cablemedia in the early 90's and now with Virgin Media. How time flies...
0 Kudos
soul1
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charges constantly going up; service & content steadily going down - Is it just me?

Just to add that VM is now part of the Liberty Global and I think that is one of many reasons why we are seeing all these price rises. I had a conversation with regards to this with somebody and there response was that all Liberty Global is bothered about is making as much money as possible for all the shareholders. Yes every company has to make a profit otherwise there is no point being in business. But I think Liberty Global are taking it to the extreme. Best thing that we loyal customers can do is leave VM for a while and come back as a new customer so that we too can benefit from the new customer deals.
Started with Bell Cablemedia in the early 90's and now with Virgin Media. How time flies...
0 Kudos