Menu
Styxs
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Charged to much after renewal

I was going to leave virgin media as it was too expensive. After phoning I got the price down to £54.50 which I was happy with. The contract they sent though stated £64.50. I phoned to query this and I was told don't worry you will only pay £54.50. They are currentry taking £64.50 from me. Anyone else had this problem?
0 Kudos
eggfriedcheese
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged to much after renewal

Hey Styxs,

I am not part of the forum team, but work in customer relations as an agent, so I will try and help as best I can with some general information.

With the contract you've received, I presume the price during the promotional offer shows as £64.50 or is that the correct price? The reason I ask, is if the price during the promotional offer is correct, it sounds like you've been charged the higher amount on the first bill, but you'd get a credit for the following bill.

If that isn't the case, and the price is incorrect under that heading, I'd suggest giving the relations teams a quick call again, just to check the contract. There could be something called a Rolling/Recurring Credit which is a manual override which wouldn't actually appear on the contract terms (Only appears on your bills).

Let us know, this sounds like something, that if its incorrect, is easily fixable for you.
Dan
Views expressed are solely my own, and do not reflect on Virgin Media directly
If however you feel that my answer is helpful or informative, please click the kudos button below!
0 Kudos
Styxs
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My contract did clearly state £64.50 but after assurances from customer services i thought it would be fine. I get a loyalty discount of £9. I didn't query after my first bill I thought wait till the next one to be sure. I am clearly after discounts paying 64.50 and not the £54.50 I was assured I would pay.
0 Kudos
eggfriedcheese
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, I think you should give customer relations a ring back to have a look into it. Could be a case of a missed discount etc, I honestly couldn't tell you, as I can't access accounts (especially from home on mobile). Give the team a ring first thing, the lines open at 8am.

Contact on 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a Virgin Media line

Dan
If however you feel that my answer is helpful or informative, please click the kudos button below!
0 Kudos
Styxs
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
eggfriedcheese
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You're more than welcome Smiley Happy
Dan
0 Kudos