Menu
sbeth
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Charged for changing my name

In September I changed my name by deed poll.  I sent a copy of my deed poll to Virgin Media, for the name on my account to be updated.

They changed the name on my account, but sent me a "new" contract to sign digitally.  As I saw no reason for a new contract, I did not sign it.

I then received notification of my next bill, and noticed they have charged me £20 to transfer my account to a new person.  Some googling & searching this forum revealed they have processed my name change as transfer of ownership of the account, rather than following their "major name change" process which does not incur a fee.

After a 20 minute phone call a month ago, I was promised that the £20 would be credited to my account, as it had been charged in error.  I have now had notification of my next bill, and it has still not been credited.

I have asked about this on Virgin Media's facebook page, and been told to ring customer services or use livechat.  I am unable to ring at the moment, and when I try it tends to be peak times & I'm unable to get through.  The live chat seems to be too busy too.  Is there anyone from Virgin Media on here who can help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged for changing my name

Hi sbeth, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm really sorry to hear you've been charged a fee by mistake. Of course the £20 will be refunded to you. 

When checking the account I can see that indeed we have refunded this and it's been taken off your next payment so the bill will be £20 less than originally generated Smiley Happy

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know and we'll do what we can to help resolve things. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos