Menu
JDee
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Charged Cancellation Fee Even Though Assured No Fee

In October we cancelled our Virgin Media Broadband and TV contract in response to the November price increase.

We received the price increase notification by post which stated we would not be charged cancellation fees if we cancelled within 30 days. We called up in early October (9th, I believe) and cancelled, this was within our 30 days. We set our termination date for 14th November. I also explicitly asked about charges as I cancelled and was ASSURED over the phone that we would not receive any cancellation charges.

We have since received early cancellation charges of £150 in November (pay Dec) and £80 this month, payment due in January. We managed to miss the November one somehow and just noticed both today.

I called up the customer service line and was told the charges were valid, there is nothing on the file saying we shouldn't be charged and that I would have to send a letter to Virgin HQ to contest the charges.

I am absolutely **bleep** furious! Did anybody else cancel "for free" in October and still receive cancellation charges?

Also, is there anything I can do besides write to the HQ because written communication isn't exactly the speediest of resolutions...

Thanks for your help,

Jon

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged Cancellation Fee Even Though Assured No Fee

Hi Jon, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been charged a disconnection fee. 

In order to help you with this, I will need to look in to things. I have been unable to locate your account and need some information from you so that I can resolve this issue.

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos