Menu
alliejb
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Changing to Virgin TV V6 Box

Hi, I know this is a stupid question but just wanted to check.  We are changing our Tivo box to a TV V6 Box in 2 weeks time, but I've just realised that we will lose all our recorded shows.  Just wondering if there is any way to save them or will I have to spend the next couple of weeks watching them all?! 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing to Virgin TV V6 Box

The second not the first.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
mphippen
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing to Virgin TV V6 Box

You will be amazed how much you decide to simply 'let go' (and how many shows will still be available on catch-up or in on-demand boxsets, which the V6 handles very well). I ordered the V6 a couple of weeks ago and the earliest installation date I could get was end of March, so I though "fine, that gives me a lot of time to watch my recordings". However, when I was offered a new date of 20th Feb, which, at the time, was only about five days away, I took it and just got ruthless with my recordings. Films went, as they come round again. A couple of documentary series went for similar reasons (BBC4 tend to cycle these). I piled through a couple a dramas with my wife in the evenings, and the rest I simply deleted. Some of those I knew were on iPlayer or the like, others I figured if I hadn't watched them in the months I'd kept them then I wasn't really that interested in the first place.

Good luck!
0 Kudos