Menu
infidel
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Changing provider to SKY Will virgin cut me off as soon as I tell them

I have given Virgin Media 4 weeks notice. Will I just get cut off if I have not found a suitable provider?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing provider to SKY Will virgin cut me off as soon as I tell them

Why wouldn’t they cut you off? It’s what you asked for, after all.

I guess you could cancel your cancellation before it happens if you wished.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I hope you don't want to transfer your existing landline number to a new supplier, because putting a cancellation notice on your account makes it non-transferrable.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
dnpark38
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You place order with new supplier for the phone, new supplier will advise present supplier of the date of take over and present supplier will terminate on that same day.

You will also give VM the 30 days notice of termination for their services.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey there.

With respect to the cancellation process the normal process is:

• You give 30 days notice as standard unless you need to amend this and advise the agent you speak to of this.
  • The services will disconnect on that date unless you notify us at least 24 full working hours before a disconnect processes, so if this is due to cancel on a Sunday you would need to let us know by the Friday morning before this happens for us to stop this processing.
  • If you are taking a landline number with you then the porting date for this may be different to your cancellation date depending on the porting window.
  • If you do not find an alternative provider in this time and wish to retain services with us or extend the disconnection window you have to call us on 150 or 0345 454 1111 to amend this.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos