Menu
highroyds
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Changing package

Hey guys,

Hoping you can help with an issue.

We looked at the package we are on and decided to downgrade the account to save some money, so phoned up on 150.  The guy was very friendly and said no problem and changed the account package for the TV from M+ to Player (M).

Now everything seemed fine and we thought that the money would be cutting down at least £10 or so, but on receiving the new contract through the email, looking at it seems we'd only be saving £5 per month as it seems the Broadband is going from Superfibre 70 to Vivid 100 - which we didn't ask for, AND the Tivo monthly fee was added on which we didn't ask for either plus we don't have a box for that.

Any help or advice would be grateful.

Thank you

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Changing package

Some information that should have been discussed with you:

1. You can't recontract and stay on BB 70Mb - you have to move to 50 or 100. Perhaps you should move to 50 if saving money is your object.

2. To retain a TV service, even the 'free' TV M aka Player, you must recontract with a TiVo, hence the £5 per month charge. You will be supplied with a TiVo to replace your existing box.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

1. You can't recontract and stay on BB 70Mb - you have to move to 50 or 100. Perhaps you should move to 50 if saving money is your object.

2. To retain a TV service, even the 'free' TV M aka Player, you must recontract with a TiVo, hence the £5 per month charge. You will be supplied with a TiVo to replace your existing box.

0 Kudos
Kallor
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

Have the rules changed on this ? i got my new contract today after cancelling my Tv service and landline a week ago it says 70mb Fibre on the contact £32.25 per month the lady i spoke to specifically mentioned 70mb fibre too me and the price. no mention of downgrading or upgrading

0 Kudos
highroyds
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Kallor wrote:

Ernie_C wrote:

Have the rules changed on this ? i got my new contract today after cancelling my Tv service and landline a week ago it says 70mb Fibre on the contact £32.25 per month the lady i spoke to specifically mentioned 70mb fibre too me and the price. no mention of downgrading or upgrading

I'm pretty sure it depends who you're talking to that mentions the Broadband / Fibre - would be nice if they were clear to what you're actually paying for and the price on each item thats on your package like they used to do.

The guy we spoke to knew that we were trying to save money, so cant understand why he upgraded our internet up from 70 - 100mb, but we'll see how it goes as we're still saving money.

0 Kudos