Menu
md333
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Changing account holder

I am in a student house and the broadband is in my name, however i'm moving out in the next few months but my housemates are staying. It is possible to change the account details to someone else?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing account holder

hiya @md333 welcome to the virginmedia community forum, yes if you contact customer services via 150 / 0345 454 1111 or via online chat at http://contact.virginmedia.com (using pc/laptop) might need to refresh page every 30 seconds or so, since its a rather popular method, and ask for a TOR (transfer of responsibility) forms, this has a fee around £20. it can change all details to new account holder.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi md333,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

paultechy is correct here but I just wanted to add one additional piece of information. The TOR (transfer of responsibility) will start a new 12 month contract.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
md333
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

We now have the transfer of responsibility form, which asks for two lots of proof of residency. However as the new tennant has not moved into the house yet, they have no proof, except for the contract, so what should we do?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You initially said your housemates were staying and that would mean that transfer of responsibility would be viable.

You now say there are new tenants, making them ineligible for this transfer.

You will have to cancel the contract and the new tenant apply as a new customer.

donna_1985
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I requested to change the account holder over one month ago and it was agreed that someone would send a letter of transfer out

I called again 2 weeks later and still nothing. It takes forever to get through and no one seems to help (except for the cancellations team)

I am moving house and need the account transferring over to my sister that was the only condition I have to renew the contract

Anyone else had this?

arf17
Just joined
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

One of my future house mates has bought an internet package without properly consulting us and now he wants to move out, so he cannot be responible for the contract anymore.

The tenancy starts on the 1st of July and none of us have previously stayed in the new house. Is there a way to obtain a valid Transfer of Responsibility form?

0 Kudos
Hetleave79
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same experience, I have now called them on 4 seperate occasions in the last 2 months and still have not received a COR form. The last call was now over a week ago and I really let rip and the guy on the other end of the phone who said he will escalate it to customer services and would make sure it would be sent out.
I'm not holding my breath on this.
I just want the contract out of my name!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi arf17, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

In order to do a transfer of responsibility, the person taking over the account must have been at the property for 6 months. The account holder is responsible for paying all charges associated with the account so if that isn't you, the account holder will need to give us a call to let us know he is moving. 

He can call us on 150 / 0345 454 1111.

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Hetleave79
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am the account holder and have been with virgin for over 2 years & lived at the property over 12 yrs.
My Father-in-law, who I want to change the account over to has lived in the property for a lot longer.
I have called customer services now on 4 separate occasions over the last 2 and a bit months and still no form.
They have had the info they needed from me each time and they have an inability to send out a piece of paper.
0 Kudos