Menu
express757
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Changing Package To Broadband Only

At the moment I have an XL Media package but want to change to broadband or broadband/phone only. Can I do this and if so roughly how much would it cost, bottom line is I need to save money!

Sorry if this is the wrong board to ask this.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing Package To Broadband Only

Yes you can, call in to 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details when prompted for them -> Option 4 -> Then either Option 2 or Option 5 (if between 8AM to 8PM M-F & 9AM to 5PM Sa.)

You can find the broadband only costs per package here: http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/broadband-only.html (ignore the activation fee.)

The phone+BB costs can be found here: http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/compare.html when using this page ignore the big font price and focus in on the 'Then £XX a month." The £xx value listed is what you'd pay as an existing customer (again, ignore the activation fee.)

Note: You can save a little extra on top of that downgrade change by requesting a 'loyalty discount' when you're calling in to do the downgrade.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
express757
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos
jamiet147
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I cancelled my TV and Landline before Christmas, just leaving the Broadband. All I will say to others is don't accept retentions first, second or third offer... Smiley Wink
express757
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That is what I want to do. I can't seem to work out exactly how much it will be though as everything I seem to read is prices for new customers. (Unless I am being real thick.!!)

I am also annoyed I can't just do it online, but I know they are making it as difficult as possible for me.

0 Kudos
motogoat
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't think it is possible, at least it wasn't for me.

I ported my number to BT so that was cancelled (causing my existing package price to go up by £30 pm) but when I rang in to cancel my TV service and leave just the BB (as Bt have really messed up my installation and I didn't want to lose Internet access all together, even though it is the reason I was switching) I was told I couldn't just cancel the TV as it is linked to the Broadband.

The only thing they could do to was offer me the £45 bundle deal for another Phone, TiVo and 50Mb BB and I would have to wait at least 15 days for that.