Menu
Snoops-two
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Changed contract - call centre nightmare

Yesterday I contacted VM on 150 and eventually got the right person to change our main box and get a replacement box for a dead one (albeit we are being charged £14.99 for that which I didn't think they did) but to also re-negotiate our contract.  58 yes 58 minutes later I put the phone down after listening to that inane music for the best part of it. The price and equipment was sorted out in 15 minutes, the rest I was on hold whilst she updated "the system"

2 e mails arrived last night giving the wrong price, the price had gone up from what we were on and a far cry from the negotiated price.

Rang again this afternoon - 65 minutes this time - again predominantly listening to the music then I was advised it was all sorted now, codes had been missed off that would generate the discounts.

Well guess what, e mail arrives and the price is still not right. 2 hours and you can't get the system to churn out the right billing amount, the amount that has been agreed and is in the notes on the account - what's going on ???  I refuse to ring again, let's see if anyone who monitors this has better computer skills.

0 Kudos
Leicdave
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changed contract - call centre nightmare

Head office phone number is removed that'll get you through to exec complaints 9 times out of 10 which actually fix things. Personally I highly recommend Twitter @VirginMedia 8am-10pm Twitter generally great way of fixing things quickly!!!!

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Snoops-two
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why is this coming up as "solved" we are a long way off it being solved!!

0 Kudos
Leicdave
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Your head office phone number is neither private or personal information it is publicly available with a quick Google search
0 Kudos
Snoops-two
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is there any chance that someone from VM will pick this up? 

0 Kudos
Snoops-two
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you ring the number given which is freely available by doing a google search and as previously stated should not be removed from the post it is a number for VM. You can ring it after 8:30 but they won't put you through until after 9:00 and the best bit is you will then be transferred back to the contact centre. They will then promise to sort things out for you and after 1 phone call lasting 35 minutes and 5 further calls when, to be fair, they did call me back they said it's sorted. 

Hey guess what, got the e mail with the price on, it's still not sorted and the 12 month contract I agreed to suddenly leapt to an 18 month contract so Monday morning we are using our right to cancel all changes and the search for a replacement for all our services will start. Anyone have any recommendations/tips feel free to post. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Snoops-two

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your contract.

It's a few days since you posted, I just wanted to check if you managed to get things sorted out?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Snoops-two
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No

0 Kudos