Menu
casserced
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Change account password

Hi

Looking at changing my account password... cannot see one single link to do that once logged in my account.

There used to be a "profile" link at the top of the page.. that seems to have gone.... although the help page still mentions it....

any idea?

Thanx

Cass

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change account password

Make sure you are signing in with the primary username for the account then follow these instructions:

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

casserced
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I sign as the primary account holder... not a trace of the work "profile" anywhere on the page. The only mentions of "manage" are to manage my mobile account (which I do not have with virgin) and how to manage my tivo box.

See screen shot of the top screen once logged in as primary user. The Profile option used to be in this area

Regards

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That looks like the version of the My Virgin Media page as rendered on a mobile device. At the far right of the dark strip you can see an icon of three red horizontal lines. Click on that and you will get a drop down box of options, including My Profile.

Edit. I'm going to hide your screen shot from view as it contains personal information, in this case your account number.
casserced
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Many thanks for your help!

The site was opened on a desktop and not a mobile, chrome browser (Version 55.0.2883.87)

web address https://my.virginmedia.com/home/index .

If I click on the 3 bars, nothing happen. If I click on my name I get a menu (see attached) but no profile option.. most puzzling!

RegardsCapture.JPG 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Something is causing your browser to open the mobile version of the site.  Try clearing the browser cache and delete any cookies relating to virginmedia.  Also make sure your screen size is set to 100% and not zoomed in.

If none of that helps then try using an alternative browser to see if that brings up the desktop view.