Menu
Ateg
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Change account holder's name

Hi,

my former housemate is the account holder of our Virgin Broadband account. She's moved out and I can't get hold of her to get the account changed over to my name. She's still paying the bill (for now) but I'm keen to get this resolved.

What's the next step?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Change account holder's name

Ateg wrote:

Hi,

my former housemate is the account holder of our Virgin Broadband account. She's moved out and I can't get hold of her to get the account changed over to my name. She's still paying the bill (for now) but I'm keen to get this resolved.

What's the next step?

Thanks in advance!

Call in to 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 454 1111 (from all other lines/mobiles), get into the main menu, go with option 4 -> option 5. Weekday wise make that call between 8AM to 8PM. On a Saturday, between 8AM to 6PM (closed Sunday.) Or option 4 -> option 1 after 8PM. Ask them to send you the Transfer of Responsibility forms (the gone away ones), they will cost £20. Fill them in and send them back as instructed and you'll get the services you have moved over into a new account under your own name and billing details.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ateg wrote:

Hi,

What's the next step?

Thanks in advance!

Call in to 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 454 1111 (from all other lines/mobiles), get into the main menu, go with option 4 -> option 5. Weekday wise make that call between 8AM to 8PM. On a Saturday, between 8AM to 6PM (closed Sunday.) Or option 4 -> option 1 after 8PM. Ask them to send you the Transfer of Responsibility forms (the gone away ones), they will cost £20. Fill them in and send them back as instructed and you'll get the services you have moved over into a new account under your own name and billing details.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
fimperato
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shelke,

thank you. I am in the same situation, already sent everything signed.. then they asked for a proof of my previous tenancy, I got the electricity bills in pdf but do not find a mail or a space where to drop them. How can I solve this?

Cheers

Francesco

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @fimperato

How did they get back in contact with you regarding that request for further information? Call? Text? Letter? Generally speaking, if you need to submit documentation to Virgin Media, make a copy of it / print of a copy then mail it in to Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ - including why you're mailing in, account number and case ref number (if any has been assigned / mentioned in the contact that was made regarding the request for further info.) So they know which internal department to pass it on to.

I'll drop the Forum Team here an at mention, as they are allowed to share more contact routes than I am. @ForumTeam

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
fimperato
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @shelke thank you. I contacted them,  they rejected my transfer request twice because they said I would need three years of history in my previous flat.. well I have not, I am in uk for 16 months now so I asked how we can sort it and they said they need an extra documentation..

will get in contact with them to be sure that your suggestion will sort things out once and for all.

thank you again

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ateg

Thanks for getting in touch regarding taking over the account and welcome to our community forums.

You've had excellent advice regarding the Transfer Of responsibility process from @Shelke and I hope you got the chance to get in touch for us to send the forms to you.

If not, if you could call on the numbers mentioned, my colleagues would be happy to arrange to get those to you.

@fimperato,Welcome too to the forums.  I can see you have also dropped another post to us here Francesco and I have replied to you there too but the information is the same as @Shelkes for you Smiley Happy I might just go grab a cuppa as my job is done- he he Smiley Tongue

Top job as always Shelke!

Good luck both of you with the TOR's and let us know if you need anything else Smiley Happy

Cheers.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
fimperato
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

the story goes on.. I called Virgin to change the name account, they said they would call me back in 2 days but that does not happen.. and it's 2 weeks now.. could you ring a bell for them please?

Cheers

Francesco

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Francesco

I know you've sent the documentation to us as requested. I'm going to send a private message to you to see if I can take a further look into this for you and find out what's causing the hold up for your name change. You can find this in the purple envelope next to your forum name.

We are unable to do a name change via the phone so I'm a bit puzzled as to why they said they’d call back. It has to be processed based on the documentation you have sent in, and as you were aware of where to send that last month, if you've done this, we should have actioned the name change for you.

I'll take a look at it and get back in touch soon Smiley Happy

Speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Fluffmum
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Going through a similar issue.  Changed account over from partners name to mine.  Filled out the paperwork, sent it off with the requested proof of address.  Got the documents back last week and figured that it was all going good!  This morning, our broadband just shut off mid cartoon, that did not go down too well!  So I check my virgin media, see that account has been suspended!  No outstanding balance though, bill was paid.  Then go through the help forums, and a chat advisor pops up!  Explain situation and they tell me account is active, though they couldn't find it from the account number!  I had to use the new password I sent away with paperwork, so I know the account must now be changed over!  They also said everything should be working fine, I spot the wifi symbol is at full bars and automatically think cool!  It's sorted....

It's not cool.  The internet is still off.  Thought perhaps, I had to reregister for a new my media account, but when I went through that stuff, it said I wasn't a customer....

I'm at a loss as to what to do know.  Now school gets out in an hour and they're gonna be dying to discover if team rocket get blasted off again or if they succeed in catching all the Pokemon... What do I tell them?  

Is it just because of the account switch?  Is the old account being cut off to start a new one?  Could I possibly find out how long such a thing would take and why no notification was given? 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey Fluffmum,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your broadband.

I've had a quick check on your account and it looks like you've already called in and we've advised that this is not an issue with the account details but a fault in your area. The estimated fix time for the fault is by end of play today so hopefully it wont be much longer before your broadband is back up and running.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos