Menu
zenrin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Change Direct Debit bank account details

I need to change my bank account details for my virginmedia direct debit, however there is no option to do this online

I tried using chat but this was answered by someone in India who didn't seem to grasp what I wanted

I do not want to spend an hour on the phone to someone in India trying to get it done and end up being frustrated as usual by the communication confusion and tick box mentality

Is there a quick and easy way to change it?

Helpful Answers
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Change Direct Debit bank account details

Interesting, it is certainly there on mine.

Just a thought, have you had a new bill generated recently, i.e. are you are in the period between being advised of your new bill and the DD being taken form your account?  I believe that you cannot change it within that period.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!

All Replies
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In My Virgin Media/My Bills/Overview there is the option Change Direct Debit under Your Direct Debit

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
zenrin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yep, I've found that in Help, but I don't have that option, maybe I'll try on Android just in case it's the browser I'm using on Windows 10

0 Kudos
zenrin
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just tried in Android and that isn't an option either

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Interesting, it is certainly there on mine.

Just a thought, have you had a new bill generated recently, i.e. are you are in the period between being advised of your new bill and the DD being taken form your account?  I believe that you cannot change it within that period.

¡No Pasarán!
zenrin
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Next bill is for 6th Jan, payment is 24th Jan, so if that's true, then I can only change from 25th Jan to 6th Feb

Why are virgin so crap, I've just changed 6 other direct debits (online and by phone) in 40mins, I've currently spent over an hour with no luck on virgin

0 Kudos
ngoc_2512
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm vert exhausted now. It's too time-consuming.

My bill date is 12th, the due date is 29th. So today is 11th, I should be able to change the account for direct debit. But it seems that I can't. So what date should I do that? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi zenrin

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the Direct Debit option to change your method of payment online with us.

I appreciate that you have had some issues in getting this updated and my apologies about this.

@frank_gm is spot on Smiley Happy While there is a DD pending, and this will be the case for customers with a DD active from their monthly bill date to the date it's due to debit from your account, we cannot make a change to your details.

If you do need to do this within that window you would need to contact our teams either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat  where our teams can clear security with you and make the necessary changes.

The reasons for this are, when a DD is stopped with us it will not re-update straight away that month and because of this the pending DD you have with us then needs to be paid manually as a one off  in order to clear the balance before the next DD can be set up again with us.

Once the pending DD has processed there is a window of about a week in which this can be changed online. @ngoc_2512, in answer to your question there, if you are setting this up on the 11th and your bill is due to be produced on the 12th then that’s too late. The bank needs 3-5 days notice from us for the activation of a new DD. In this instance you would be looking at no later than the 6th at a push to update this online with us, taking into consideration weekends and potential bank holidays to give us the time to notify the bank of your intention for a DD to be created.

Please let me know if you guys need anything else and I’ll do my best to help out Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You do not say the reason to change the Direct Debits details, if this is because you have changed your bank to a different one all Direct Debits will be automatically changed. It is part of the guaranteed change of bank account process.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
Jonah82
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

OH NO IT DOES NOT!
0 Kudos