Menu
Suprich
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Change Bundle to Broadband only

Evening all,

My current bundle contract ends on the 29th March and I'll be changing service to broadband only at this time.

As this is just a change of service and not terminating a contract do i still need to give 30 days notice?

If I do need to give 30 days notice to cancel the TV and phone part of my contract, can I do this 30 days before 29th March? I only ask this as I have read elsewhere that to end a contract I have to give 30 days notice from the contract ending. This would suggest I can't do anything until 29th March..? Then wait a further 30 days. 

Any advice appreciated 

Cheers

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Change Bundle to Broadband only

Suprich wrote:

My current bundle contract ends on the 29th March and I'll be changing service to broadband only at this time. As this is just a change of service and not terminating a contract do i still need to give 30 days notice?
No, that isn't required, just let them know you want to change to broadband only. The services you will be removing by going to broadband only will likely however continue on to what be the end of your monthly billing cycle.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Suprich wrote:

My current bundle contract ends on the 29th March and I'll be changing service to broadband only at this time. As this is just a change of service and not terminating a contract do i still need to give 30 days notice?
No, that isn't required, just let them know you want to change to broadband only. The services you will be removing by going to broadband only will likely however continue on to what be the end of your monthly billing cycle.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Suprich
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I hoped that was the case.

Cheers

0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The phone will be disconnected within 24hrs of you informing them , if not sooner. Mine was.

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
Kallor
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Shelke wrote:

Suprich wrote:

Shelke wrote:

Suprich wrote:

really ?

I cancelled my tv service and Landline on the 8th of December was told i had to give 30 days notice it didn't go off till the 7th of January i have kept my broadband so in the same boat as OP. it's seems the staff who take the calls are not singing from the same hymn sheet another example  i was able to keep my 70mb upgrade which is very nice and appreciated btw :-)  but another customer on here had it revoked. some uniform clarity for all customers would be nice. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

That's what I said, the service(s) one wants removed carry on for a period. But one isn't calling in to say "here's my 30 days notice, I'm leaving."

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
Kallor
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

i was made to wait the full 30 days though not a period of it .

Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Kallor wrote:

i was made to wait the full 30 days though not a period of it .

Yeap it can take up to that length of time, but with many of VM's systems there's variability in there, depending on when the request is made and how it pans out with the billing period the customer has.

- - - - - -
Kallor
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

oh i see the billing date is near i think so that could account for it . ta for clearing that up :-)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Kallor,

Many thanks for posting.

I'm sorry for any bother caused with this.

Please feel free to let me know if I can help at all with anything more.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know