Menu
Earwiglet
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Catch 22

Hi. I love your sense of humour!! You ask me to create an account and in order to activate the account, I have to log into the account I'm creating!! Did you base this on Catch 22?!?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch 22

Earwiglet wrote:

Hi. I love your sense of humour!! You ask me to create an account and in order to activate the account, I have to log into the account I'm creating!! Did you base this on Catch 22?!?

You misused the signup process. What you did was type a non-existing VM address into the field which is for existing 3rd party email address (gmail, hotmail, etc.) Because you misused the signup process, you're caught in that loop.

The solution is simple though, contact customer services and ask them to set your sign in email address to an email address you have already. To get this remedied via a call in ring 150 from a VM phone (if you have one) or 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> Option 2 (Faults) -> Report a broadband fault (covers all sign in issues etc too.)

Alternatively ask via the Webchat from a laptop or desktop between 8AM to 8PM M-F & 9AM to 5PM Sa: Account and Billing -> Manage your account online -> Chat online. if all agents are busy - reload the page every three minutes and check again. Do this repeatedly until you get through to an agent. Make the request for them to change your account's sign in email address to a existing 3rd party email address you have already.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Addams Family Version-2.jpg
0 Kudos