Menu
parthapani
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Capped broadband scam

Hi, 

I got a connection from virgin media store on ###################. 

I was initially offered a deal for £29 a month with unlimited broadband (upto 50MB speed) + TV + phone. However, I wasn't very keen to get TV and phone as I just wanted a broadband connection which I mentioned during my initial conversation with the customer service agent in the store. He went and spoke to his manager and offered me a deal of £22 a month but he never mentioned about the cap of 20 (or 30) GB and speed limit of 20 MB which I realised only after I received an email about my data usage. I would have happily gone for any other providers as there were better deals that time but sadly I trusted virgin media.

Now I feel I have been scammed for no good reason and they are asking me to upgrade my account for unlimited with £32.50 a month. Clearly not happy with the whole situation. 

Any suggestion would be of great help.

Thanks

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Capped broadband scam

You have 14 days from date of installation to cancel the contract, with no penalty.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Doesn't surprise me. They are offering you the landline discount without having a landline, which is not normal practice & is only usually offered to retain people who have financial problems etc. There are bound to be restrictions imposed.

The normal pricing for standalone BB is clearly stated on the website.

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/compare.html

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi parthapani

Many thanks for letting us know about the offer you have had for your broadband services and thanks too for joining us on the community Smiley Happy

You've had a bit of a bumpy start with us haven't you, and I appreciate that if you thought the offer you had was an unlimited broadband that this should be the offer you are receiving from us. You have taken the advice that the community have offered to you and I can see that you have called in and spoken to the teams and that they have rectified this for you with a solution that you have agreed to which is great!

I hope the rest of your journey with us as a customer is a smoother one Smiley Happy

If you need anything else from us, then please just let us know.

Take care.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"