Menu
8ig8illy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cant' register Virginmedia online account so can't reschedule installation

For a new installation I have been sent an email asking me to register an online account with Virginmedia, but have found that the system would not let me. I have since been on different Live Chats and was told that until the installation I will not be able to register. I have the records of the Live Chats to prove this.

The thing is I would like to reschedule my installation date, which I can see I need to register:

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

So I would like to know: a) why can I not register despite receiving an email from Virginmedia asking me to so that I can track my order online, and b) how else can I reschedule my new installation in writing?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant' register Virginmedia online account so can't reschedule installation

There is the case that the details are too fresh in the system and haven't propagated yet (therein making registration not currently possible.) But for the most part you're eventually able to register before the install date.

You can get the appointment rescheduled by discussing it with the Sales Team on their free phone 0800 number: 0800 064 3836 or if you want to write in to VM use the following address: Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ

Ideally though, pop a quick call in to the Sales Team to have them change the date.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
8ig8illy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Shelke wrote:

There is the case that the details are too fresh in the system and haven't propagated yet (therein making registration not currently possible.) But for the most part you're eventually able to register before the install date. 

Too fresh after more than a month from receiving the email asking me to register? I doubt it. Also why did two Live Chats told me I can't register online before installation (and I have the logs to prove it) - the truth is, processes within Virginmedia are in a mess, and customer service is appalling.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It depends on how your details have propagated or not within the VM system. Myself I registered a about 1 to 2 weeks after signing up - but I had to wait a bit because the system wouldn't accept my details initially.

You most definitely can register before the install date - just don't expect to see the broadband service listed if that is part of your order (it would show after your account goes live.)

Edit: missed a word.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos