Menu
trevbrp
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cant Login to My To Newly Registered Account

Hi,

Have been a Virgin TV/BB customer for 9+ years, the account being in my Wife's name.  That account is being closed tomorrow (Monday) and a new account has been created in my name. I finally was able to register the new account this afternoon, however I cannot get any further than login screen.  It just comes back saying incorrect details. The details i am entering are correct.  I have tried to reset my password, but when attempting to reset my password I get to this URL ;- https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/reset, but the page is what you see in the graphic. 

reset error.PNG

The new account services do not become active until Tuesday.  Any ideas what is going on ?

Thanks

Trev

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant Login to My To Newly Registered Account

Hi Trev, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having trying to log in to my Virgin Media. 

Since posting, the services have been installed. Have you been able to log in to My Virgin Media since? 

Did you use the same details as your old account or did you use different ones?

Come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
RichoUK
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Trev,
I signed up for a new virgin account a week or so ago when prompted by their email and I can't log in either. I get the same page as you when trying to change my password as well. I tried that as a last resort but I knew I wasn't typing in the wrong details as I tried to log in immediately after creating the account.

I spoke to someone on live chat and they said I can't change my password until my account is active this coming Friday. But that doesn't explain why I can't log in.

Because it's very difficult to get help from customer services, I've decided if my account doesn't work the day after installation I'll look to cancel.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi RichoUK

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the My Virgin Media account access and my apologies this is an issue for you right now Smiley Sad

This may be due to details not having migrated properly if you are a house move customer, or details needing to be validated if you are a brand new customer.

Either way our teams will absolutely be able to look into this for you.

Once the service is connected if it doesn't automatically resolve itself we have an internal IT team who do work to correct these issues for us but that can take a few days just so you are aware.

Please keep in touch with our Care teams should this still persist post install. they would be happy to help out Smiley Happy

You can contact them via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat for any billing or package related queries where they can clear security with you.

Webchat can be contacted via the site online and you can speak to them if you prefer this option by choosing the Chat Online option:

E.G-Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
RichoUK
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Karen,
My service was installed yesterday. The engineer couldn't activate me at first because of technical issues in my area but after a few hours I was up and running.
I still couldn't log in but it did allow me to change my password so everything is sorted now!

Thanks again for your reply.

James
0 Kudos
trevbrp
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Apologies for not getting back on here with an update.

Glad to day that I eventually did manage to log in.  

A trite annoying that I was attempting to register only after being prompted by an email the day before my installation, that I could register.  It seems that this was not the case.

Thanks for all your replies

Trev

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi both, 

Thanks for updating the thread and letting us know things are working for you now Smiley Happy 

If you have any further issues you know where to find us.

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos