Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4 (67 Views)

Cannot logon to My Virgin Media Account and can't get past Virgin phone selection!!

When I joined Virgin Media we were given email/web on blueyonder.co.uk and my Email is on a virginmedia.com.  I can access my virgin media account using my virginmedia.com logon. BUT this is a secondary account and NOT the login that controls my account in terms of looking at my Virgin Media broadband bills etc.  This is using my normal non-Virgin Email that I use for nearly all such matters.  However I cannot logon.  I thought I knew the password but it won't accept it.  Also sometimes it says it doesn't recognise my my other non-virgin Email.  I have tried resetting the password answering my security questions and even having to do the CAPCHA every time.  Sorry this is getting me down.  I have tried the HELP phone system but none of the selections lead me to an area that can sort this out.  Why Virgin can't transfer the control of my Virgin Media account to my logon Email that is a VIRGINMEDIA.COM account I don't know.  This really frustrates me.  If only I could get through to a knowledgable Virgin person who can help me not just a front desk person.  Last time I had a problem with payments I sent a letter to CEO that certainly got results.  I am trying to be polite and reasonable but I am not a happy bunny Virgin Customer.  Maybe someone on the technical side of the forum can get a helpful Virgin person to help me.  I know my account number/area number original password and my security questions as far as I know. So please help me Mr Virgin Media

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4 (38 Views)

Re: Cannot logon to My Virgin Media Account and can't get past Virgin phone selection!!

Hi grahamm7
I appreciate your post about the 2 Virgin Media owned email addresses.
I am sorry but what you are asking for is not possible.
We cannot transfer My Virgin Media access to a second or third etc email owned by the customer. This can only be with either:
•    Your PRIMARY email address with us
•    Or , ANY 3rd party email, eg, gmail, yahoo, aol, hotmail etc.
If you are looking to change the email log in to a 3rd party address that can be done via the 'Your Profile' section of the portal on My Virgin Media once you log in.
My apologies once more about the whole situation. Due to limitations on the system that houses the email accounts that we have this has always been the case that we cannot transfer My Virgin Media to an additional mailbox we have on file for you.
Kindest regards

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4 (30 Views)

Re: Cannot logon to My Virgin Media Account and can't get past Virgin phone selection!!

You talk about a second or third Email.  BUT Virgin created this blueyonder/virginmedia situation.  Our first Email was blueyonder.co.uk addresses.  Then due I think to your Web Mail access I had to use a virginmedia.com Email.  All very confusing.  Why we cannot have all our Email's merged back to virginmedia.com and the primary account if necessary on the same ISP domain name (you are after all VIRGIN not blueyonder).  Any way I have managed to logon to my primary account to look at my bills.  But I still find this all very messy - sorry Virgin but I really do.  Thanks for your answer

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4 (9 Views)

Hi grahamm7

It's a point we also have raised many times in the past, but is an inherited restriction in the system that houses the emails we provide.

I am sorry we are unable to change this for you.

Kindest regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos