Menu
gpr257806
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cannot Change Package being Charged Loads More

I am currently on the TV Mix, 100mb broadband and landline calls free on a weekend, I also get BT sports free, now my bill is £53 per month, I am wanting to upgrade my broadband to the 200mb and have been quoted £89 as my new bill, I have phoned virgin and because im in a new contract a few months ago even though i've been with virgin for close to 13 years now they are quoting me that, I even said I dont need BT sports anymore but still been quoted that, I really can't believe they wont let me upgrade and when they do they want an extra £30 off me a month, I am getting nowhere at all with anyone. Quite upset actually nothing can get done.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot Change Package being Charged Loads More

I apologise but I have little sympathy for you.

Two months into a super deal with FREE BT Sports, you decide you don't like it and do not want to continue for your further 10 months that YOU committed to.

Personally, if I were Virgin Media, I wouldn't even entertain your request to change your package until you have met YOUR current commitment.

0 Kudos
gpr257806
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

When I say a few months I mean I can change July this year I can change, not a very helpful reply though will wait until I get someone who can actually do something about it Smiley Happy

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I don't consider 8 or 9 months to be a few months but I stand with what I have said.

Fortunately you only have a few months before you have met your commitment and can then re-negotiate or cancel.

0 Kudos
gpr257806
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes its just a bit poor that I only want to upgrade and cannot but I do think £30 is far too much really

0 Kudos
The_GOAT
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

I apologise but I have little sympathy for you.

Two months into a super deal with FREE BT Sports, you decide you don't like it and do not want to continue for your further 10 months that YOU committed to.

Personally, if I were Virgin Media, I wouldn't even entertain your request to change your package until you have met YOUR current commitment.

What a terrible attitude from a seemingly long standing member.  You haven't even attempted to answer the question or queried why the increase is so much.

'YOUR current commitment.'  Their current commitment is to pay for and see out the duration of the contract, not 'Pay for and see out the duration of exactly what you signed up for'. The whole reason for flexibility is because circumstances change.

OP:

Have you queried why the increase is disproportionate? Using the VM bundle page (http://store.virginmedia.com/review-basket)  leads me to this part with the option of "Do you want faster speed?":

Mix Bundle Summary (12 month contract unless specified)
£52.00 a month
for 12 months then
£63.00 a month
£14.99 activation fee
VIVID 200 Optical Fibre

Mix TV
Talk Weekends
Virgin Phone line
Your Extras – all included in your monthly total
Free Voicemail

So my question would be, why is it £89 now but only £63 after 12 months?

0 Kudos
The_GOAT
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
The_GOAT
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator