Menu
psparry
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling contract

I currently receive broadband and phone services from Virgin. Yesterday I phoned Virgin Media to see if they could reduce the amount I was going to have to pay following the recent price hike.

The lady I spoke to did manage to get the cost down, but on reflection I realise that all of this reduction is through VM removing some of the add-ons I had (e.g. international calls). She did explain this at the time we spoke, but I wasn't completely attending I'm afraid.

Am I locked in to this now, or can I cancel under the 'cooling off' period allowed by the Consumer Contracts Regulations?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancelling contract

You have 14 days to cancel the new contract and return to your previous one.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You have 14 days to cancel the new contract and return to your previous one.

mrpauldenton
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why is it , i have returned my cancelled contract as virgin mentioned, by putting a line through saying cancel.

I have also sent a letter to complaints to cancel and tell them why as i wasnt getting a proper service.

I have resulted to twitter, and no one yet no one will help,

The only answer is ring 150.

NO i will not ring, i have sent letters to VM in the post, recorded, on the 10th oct 2016 , and still no reply.

The equipment is unused, and disconnected, account payments removed.  SORT YOURSELF OUT, i will be contacting your CEO over this and trading standards.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi psparry

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the retentions offer. If you are not happy with the offer they have given or would like to review this then please just contact the teams again on 0345 454 1111 or 150 and speak to them via option 4 then option 5. The teams would be happy to review this again for you.

As @Ernie_C has mentioned, you do have a cooling off period to contact us to review this of 14 days. This does include Saturdays and Sundays.

Keep us posted on how this goes for you and if we can support you in any other way, just let us know.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

mrpauldenton
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

is there an update on my cancellation that i sent to you within 14 days on the 10th october?

please check and arrange for your equipment to be collected before it ends up in the rain

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi mrpauldenton

Thanks for checking in with us about the cancellation process. I appreciate you taking the time to join us on the community.

I am sorry that no one has confirmed your cancellation yet and I appreciate that you are looking to check up on the status of this with us.

Our Twitter/Facebook and forum teams are all held to the same rules as we work on a publically accessible service, therefore we can't clear security to look into these queries for you. I understand you'd rather not ring so it may be worth checking in with our Webchat teams who can confirm specifics for you and who can clear data protection with our customers.

If you need to discuss a cancellation agreement if all services are not being cancelled then our retentions teams are available via phone only on 150 or 0345 454 1111 on option 4 then option 5.

With respect to the packaging we send to all customers for equipment returns, this is sent once the account is closed fully. Account cancellations take 30 days from the point in time we are notified about the customers request to cancel.

I'm going to send a private message to you for me to look at supporting you further, and this can be found in the purple envelope next to your forum name.

If you could pop back to me on this, then that would be great.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

nubianprincess
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've had exactly the same issue.  ordered sim card and trying to cancel twice before the 14 period.  first time i called, I got fobbed off saying I would have to apply for a refund and he hung up.  second time I was assured that I would be cancelled but I am still being charged for a sim card that was never activated and I never used.  I guess my only option is to cancel my other 2 contracts with Virgin and broadband and go elsewhere. Equally had no joy on twitter.  I can't believe how terrible customer service has become at Virgin Media.  I guess my only solution is to walk. Such a shame because I used to recommend Virgin media to friends and family.  Working in the IT industry means my friends and family and other contacts respect what I have to say.