Menu
danbo73
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling before installation

Hi

I'm trying to cancel an installation which currently booked for 2 weeks from now.

I keep getting the run around, passed from sales help desk to the "pre-install team" where I am put on hold for 15 mins or more, and then the line is just cut off.

If this is not resolved, and the engineer comes to the address, I will just have to tell the install engineer that I don't want the service installed but was physically unable to cancel it due to poor customer service.  This seems like a waste of everyone's time.

Is there any other mechanism I can use to cancel this installation?  

I'm at a loss to understand why it is such difficult a task for you to organise - and frankly does not bode well should I be looking to use you in the furture.

Cheers

0 Kudos
danbo73
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling before installation

Resolved.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
KimComm3
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’d like to have seen the answer to this. It would save Virgin time and money if an unwanted installation was prevented and the customer was happy to return to them another day.

I only joined 3 days ago in store and have since come across obstacles which have changed my mind. I haven’t signed the contract and I haven’t got any equipment to return. [I don’t understand why the Virgin store asked for a £25 deposit though].

Is the expensive 0345 number really the only option?

Thank you.

Kim

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kim, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us even though you want to leave us already Smiley Sad 

As you're still waiting to be installed, you can contact the Pre-Installs team on: 0800 052 1734. they are open Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm and Sat - Sun 9am - 5pm. 

When booking your services via an agent or in store there is a £25 refundable deposit. This gets taken off your first bill though!! 

Let us know if you need any further help. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
danbo73
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I thought I'd just follow this up with what happened to me, since there is a reply to my post.

After numerous tries and about waiting for about 1hr at least on hold to the pre-install team I was eventually put through to a call center.  After explaining the situation to them they told me that they had cancelled the order, and I assumed that the situation was resolved (hence my last message here)

However, about 3 months later I got a call from Virgin telling me that they were coming to perform the installation in a couple of days.  It seems that despite me being told that the order was cancelled, and despite me getting numerous verbal confirmations of this from the customer service staff I was talking to, they had simply postponed my installation by 3 months.

I've have no idea why this was considered to be acceptable at any level.  Why would I be happy to have an installation delayed by 3 months? Why had I been lied to by being told it was cancelled when it had not been cancelled?  Why are Virign so hell bent on installing a service that is NOT WANTED! Why do they make it so hard to cancel an order that has not even been provisioned?

In the event I had readied myself to simply tell the engineer to go away when they arrived.

Incredibly, the day before the bogus  installation I got another call from Virgin telling me that in fact they were unable to install the service at all due to the location of the property - something you would assume  they would have checked prior to 1 day before an installation.

It seems that for once the dreadful standards of this company worked in my favour for once as the installation was now cancelled - due to it being inconvenient for Virgin.

So in the end this was more or less sorted out, but based  on my experience I would advise anyone to avoid Virgin Media like the plague.  I dread to think what it would be like actually being a customer of this uncaring bunch of incompetent con-artists would be like.

0 Kudos