Menu
paulrigg1978
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling and bills

Hi All,

I cancelled my account under the 30 day notice period offered when prices went up. The cancellation was effected 21st October (with email confirmation) so I expect it to be effective on November 21st.

My latest bill has just come in for the period 21st Nov - 20th Dec and I'm confused as to why I've even received one! I haven't yet received any materials with which to pack up the Virgin box and router (as I was told I would), and I'm wondering if something has gone awry somewhere.

Can anyone advise, please?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancelling and bills

Bills continue to be generated until the account closes, as you can (and people do) cancel the cancellation.

Once the account closes an amended final bill will be generated and sent to cover any usage between the standard bill date and the point the account closes.

I believe on a normal cancellation the returns pack is sent once the account completely closes, rather than ahead of the closure.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi paulrigg1978

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the final bill. I am sorry to hear you are leaving us Smiley Sad I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for joining us on the forums too.

BenMcr has clarified that the bills do continuously bill up to the disconnection date and then refund any overcharges, so it's great that you understand this is the way we work the billing system.

With respect to your final bill if you have a credit balance remaining once the account is closed, this is sent out to you in cheque format once the account is closed and has been closed for 35 days.

The cheque is then processed and dispatched so this should be with you if you do have a credit balance remaining around 45 days in total after the disconnection due date.

You always receive final bills in paper format as access to My Virgin Media ceases once the account closes.

If you require any copy bills to be sent once this closes you can request up to the last 12 months via email from agents via Webchat or via the phone on 150 or 0345 454 1111.

Please drop back if you need anything else. We're happy to help Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Bills continue to be generated until the account closes, as you can (and people do) cancel the cancellation.

Once the account closes an amended final bill will be generated and sent to cover any usage between the standard bill date and the point the account closes.

I believe on a normal cancellation the returns pack is sent once the account completely closes, rather than ahead of the closure.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
paulrigg1978
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi paulrigg1978

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the final bill. I am sorry to hear you are leaving us Smiley Sad I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for joining us on the forums too.

BenMcr has clarified that the bills do continuously bill up to the disconnection date and then refund any overcharges, so it's great that you understand this is the way we work the billing system.

With respect to your final bill if you have a credit balance remaining once the account is closed, this is sent out to you in cheque format once the account is closed and has been closed for 35 days.

The cheque is then processed and dispatched so this should be with you if you do have a credit balance remaining around 45 days in total after the disconnection due date.

You always receive final bills in paper format as access to My Virgin Media ceases once the account closes.

If you require any copy bills to be sent once this closes you can request up to the last 12 months via email from agents via Webchat or via the phone on 150 or 0345 454 1111.

Please drop back if you need anything else. We're happy to help Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos