Menu
mrwriterman
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling Virgin when abroad?

Hey all, I went to the Philippines in January but don't know when I will be returning to the UK, so I am trying to cancel my account because my bank won't have any funds soon to keep the payments going. However, I have limited internet access here, and it only comes on after 1.00am....5.00pm in the UK, meaning I can't do a live chat with virgin.....I don't have phone access either.

What happened to a simple email??

I really need virgin to either put my account on hold until I return, or turn my virgin off.......

Any thoughts??

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I cancel my virgin if am abroad?

send a (paper) letter.

and with hindsight, cancel before you leave the country if ever there's a next time.

it is pathetic but true that VM really have not thought this through and offered a modern out-of-UK means of communication

0 Kudos
mrwriterman
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello, thanks for the reply. I didn't plan to be away for so long, but I could be away for another 2 months so think it's pointless to keep paying Virgin when not in the UK. I asked them last year if I could have a break, not a cancellation, but they refused that idea, even though I've been with them for over 15 years. I am trying to get them on live chat, but it keeps saying all advisors are busy and to try again later. I'm thinking it could be I'm too far away for a live chat?

Anyway, I will keep trying.....

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

mrwriterman wrote:

.... I am trying to get them on live chat, but it keeps saying all advisors are busy and to try again later. I'm thinking it could be I'm too far away for a live chat?

Anyway, I will keep trying.....

nah, it is equally bad here, judgling by the number of complaints. A letter is your best bet. I am sure someon will post the UK registered office address for you if needed...